upgrading guidance

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
Hey Fellas'

I've slowing come to the realization my L175 wont suit my needs...

I have a cash budget of 9000 tops... 4x4, FEL and hopefully a mower....

Ive been searching local listings ( Locals are asking %40 more than they paid 10 years ago...) and just about every website I can find. I have found several BX machines that just feel soooo tiny. A B2400 550 hrs, and a L3010 GST with 4300 hrs. Also in Team Green, a few 855 and 2210 machines. Massey seems to be rare in my price point.

How many hours until one should really start to worry about major parts failure? Given the dimunitive front tires on the BX, how is loader work on soft ground?

Need a FEL bad... Finish Mow and Bush hoggin' and snow removal

Refinancing House soon, so no new loans!

Tallahassee Kubota Man

Equipment
M5140HD/LA1153/LandPride RCF2072/DirtDog disc/RakeMaster grapple/Caroni tiller
Madmax, I've got an L3010 HST. Had it for 14 yrs. It's been solid as a rock. Has only 1300 hrs on it and don't know how many hours one can expect from it, but the dealer told me a couple of years ago that they still had the L3010's out there working at 9,000 hrs. They look like heck, but still working every day. Seems like a lot of hrs to me.

I recently traded up to an M5140 and am selling the old one. Tractorhouse.com is a good way to find out values. I'm not sure what they're actually selling for. What are they asking for the L3010 you're looking at?
Mark

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
The 3010 is listed for just shy of 8,000. Stated bald tires, but its way more machine in my mind than a BX or sub-compact in general. Ive been reading up on 3ph capacities and my manual states to test hydraulics, test lift 1600 lbs. Thats almost as much as the machine as a whole ( 1800 lbs ).

Bush hog, box blade work, future plow? I just dont see a SCUT working well for me.

The B2400 is 10,500. Havent haggled yet.

Few Fords and Deere, but prices on parts seem higher?

Tallahassee Kubota Man

Equipment
M5140HD/LA1153/LandPride RCF2072/DirtDog disc/RakeMaster grapple/Caroni tiller
Don't know if this helps you, but I'll list the implements I have for the L3010:
LA 482 FEL (quick release, bucket and pallet forks)
5' light duty rotary mower (LandPride)
5' Heavy duty disc harrows (LandPride)
6' Landscape rake (LandPride)
6' Box blade
Seed/fertilizer spreader
6' Bush Hog finish mower

Don't know a lot about the B series, but I'm sure the L3010 will allow you to use much heavier implements. It was a very popular model around here with the landscapers.

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
I got to use a B series Hydro for some quick FEL work. I thought it was nice. I dont want a tractor so big physically I cant fit it in garage, but my gut is telling me a SCUT is going to have limitations- where I plan to use it. Such as heavy 3 pt implements, and as much FEL work that I can perform for the forseable future getting my yard into shape. Building windbreaks and tons of concrete work.

Vacman369

Equipment
2015 Kubota B2650 (2004 Kubota B2410 Sold)
Mar 16, 2015
Sheridan, Il.
I have been very happy with my B2410. It handles pretty much any task I throw at it. It's smaller than an L so it fits in some tighter places. I'm sure bigger tractors can handle bigger implements but the B series does just fine. I have a 5' disk, a 5' box blade and a 6' grader blade and I don't feel underpowered. I do use a 4' bush hog b/c that was the first thing I bought and followed manufactures specs. If I ever needed to buy another one, I would buy a 5' b/c I think my tractor would handle that fine. If you are going to use this tractor as a primary mower, a B can be had with a MMM whereas an L can't. Mine is a 60" but they come in 54" as well. The loader won't be as strong as an L but I haven't lacked anything in power there yet either. The bucket is a bit small (a little over 4') so it takes an extra trip or two but that isn't a big deal to me. I use the grader blade for plowing snow. The only criticism I have there is that the back end is a bit light so if I'm too aggressive, the back end will swing out. I'm using turf tires and they are not loaded so that might just be my experience.

If you get a chance to try both size classes that might help your decision but I don't think you would go wrong with either one.

Good luck. John

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
L3010 Im looking at has a 72" mmm. Which is cool, but Id rather have a FEL first. They have a B2400 right next to it. The predecesser to yours, AG tires, FEL and waaay less hours. A BX2200 sits right next to that. The BX looks like Mario Kart compared to other two.

Vacman369

Equipment
2015 Kubota B2650 (2004 Kubota B2410 Sold)
Mar 16, 2015
Sheridan, Il.
I would agree on the BX series being small. The B felt more substantial when I was comparing them. The L would feel even better. The high hours on that L would concern me. I know many people think that it would be no problem, but I wouldn't buy one like that unless it was the deal of the century. If that B2400 doesn't have a MMM, I have seen a couple of them for sale on this list recently. I know one was around $600. The one you would need is a RCK60-24B. (That's the number for mine anyways).

Good luck.

John

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
My budget is the big problem. We're refinancing our newly built house soon, so no new loans or Id just buy a 30hp tractor and call it a day.... Selling my Worldly possesions will give me cash budget of 9500 tops... Only one Dealer would actually consider my L175 for trade-in. All the others scoffed at the thought of a 2wd on their lot. Used tractors is a scam in my mind. Dealers/Private sellers all collectively list their machines for more than it was paid for 10 years earlier.... The B2400 is a prime example... Its a 99'... They're asking 10,500. Thats funny, it sold for 10,500 16 yrs ago. It is, what it is, and I gotta pay, if I wanna play!