Update: FIXED Loader raising slow all of a sudden

GunnerBob

Equipment
B3300SU; FEL; 58' Tiller; 6' Mower
Apr 3, 2011
Utica, OH
I have a B3300SU HST with LA504 loader. While using today, it all of a sudden started raising extremely slow.

- 3-point works fine
- bucket curls fine
- FEL lowers fine

After some searching here, I tried moving the FEL and 3-pt up at the same time. Neither moved until I released the FEL control. 3-pt went up fine immediately. I then connected the White hose to the Blue connector, and the Yellow hose to the Red connector. Boom moved up at normal speed, but only up. Wouldn‘t go down. I then connected the blue hose to the white connector & red hose to yellow connector. Bucket curled extremely slowly. It seems I moved the problem, so I don’t think it’s in the loader.

Could it be a relief valve stuck? I saw that as a possibility when I was looking. Unfortunately, I can’t seem to find a WSM for my tractor.

I have some mechanical aptitude, but not a lot of experience with hydraulics. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Bob
Update (TLDR): Replacing the female couplers (white & yellow) on the loader side fixed the problem. See below for details.

Last edited:

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I have a B3300SU HST with LA504 loader. While using today, it all of a sudden started raising extremely slow.

- 3-point works fine
- bucket curls fine
- FEL lowers fine

After some searching here, I tried moving the FEL and 3-pt up at the same time. Neither moved until I released the FEL control. 3-pt went up fine immediately. I then connected the White hose to the Blue connector, and the Yellow hose to the Red connector. Boom moved up at normal speed, but only up. Wouldn‘t go down. I then connected the blue hose to the white connector & red hose to yellow connector. Bucket curled extremely slowly. It seems I moved the problem, so I don’t think it’s in the loader.

Could it be a relief valve stuck? I saw that as a possibility when I was looking. Unfortunately, I can’t seem to find a WSM for my tractor.

I have some mechanical aptitude, but not a lot of experience with hydraulics. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Bob
Generally, if you want to swap hoses for a test, you need to swap them in pairs...if you only swapped two hoses...not a valid test, as far as I can see, but I do not know your tractor.

GunnerBob

Equipment
Apr 3, 2011
Utica, OH
Generally, if you want to swap hoses for a test, you need to swap them in pairs...if you only swapped two hoses...not a valid test, as far as I can see, but I do not know your tractor.
I eventually had them swapped in pairs. .

GunnerBob

Equipment
Apr 3, 2011
Utica, OH
I eventually had them swapped in pairs. .
I may have misunderstood what you meant. I just went back out and just swapped the 2 lines for up/down. (White and Yellow lines). The loader raised fine, and lowered ok, but a lot slower than it went up.

When I put them back on correctly, the loader raised correctly one time, and then went back to the issue I’ve been having.

thanks for the input!
bob

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Is there any way to troubleshoot that? I looked on the parts diagram & could not find “quick coupler”. Does it have a different name?

thanks
bob
The quick couples are on the ends of the loader hoses, you use them the connect the hose to the loader control valve.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Is there any way to troubleshoot that? I looked on the parts diagram & could not find “quick coupler”. Does it have a different name?

thanks
bob
First, I think you did trouble shoot it already. You swapped the lift pair (Wh/Y) with the curl pair (R/Bl) and moved the problem.

Second, whitetiger has forgotten more about Kubota tractors than I’ll ever know. Smart guy with a lot of experience turning wrenches on these.

The quick couplers are the hydraulic fittings you use to connect/disconnect the loader. Male and female halves.

On my loader, the female half is on the loader. Male on the tractor.

Betting it’s a female coupler on that circuit. I’d change both of them. Wouldn’t do the other pair, unless you deem it prudent.

PS - I see TheOldHokie also replied. He’s a real hydraulic expert here. Very smart fellow also.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I may have misunderstood what you meant. I just went back out and just swapped the 2 lines for up/down. (White and Yellow lines). The loader raised fine, and lowered ok, but a lot slower than it went up.

When I put them back on correctly, the loader raised correctly one time, and then went back to the issue I’ve been having.

thanks for the input!
bob
Swapping lines doesnt tell you much if you dont understand the operation. I dont know the specifics of that valve but here is how most Kuboat loader valves operate:

1. The bucket work port sends pressurized oil to the cylinder to curl and return oil from the cylinder is sent to tank. All down stream functions are blocked.
  2. The other bucket work port sends pressurized oil to the cylinder to extend and return oil from the cylinder is looped back to the extend end to speed up dump. All down stream functions are blocked.
  3. The lift work ports send pressurized oil to the cylinder and return oil is sent to the power beyond port where it is available to power down stream functions.
Based on that and your description something is blocking the downstream flow of oil from the UP side of the loader valve/cylinder. The loader cant lift because oil flow is blocked and the the 3pt will not operate for the same reason. The most likely culprit is the quick connect coupler on the UP loader valve port.

Dan

Reactions: 1 users

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I would check the hydraulic fluid level, grease the FEL, and if you haven't changed the hydraulic filters in a while do that and/or change out the hydraulic fluid if it is due or past due.

I'd also look at the hydraulic cylinders/rams to make sure you haven't bent them.

GunnerBob

Equipment
Apr 3, 2011
Utica, OH
Swapping lines doesnt tell you much if you dont understand the operation. I dont know the specifics of that valve but here is how most Kuboat loader valves operate:

1. The bucket work port sends pressurized oil to the cylinder to curl and return oil from the cylinder is sent to tank. All down stream functions are blocked.
  2. The other bucket work port sends pressurized oil to the cylinder to extend and return oil from the cylinder is looped back to the extend end to speed up dump. All down stream functions are blocked.
  3. The lift work ports send pressurized oil to the cylinder and return oil is sent to the power beyond port where it is available to power down stream functions.
Based on that and your description something is blocking the downstream flow of oil from the UP side of the loader valve/cylinder. The loader cant lift because oil flow is blocked and the the 3pt will not operate for the same reason. The most likely culprit is the quick connect coupler on the UP loader valve port.

Dan
That makes sense to me. Thanks.

GunnerBob

Equipment
Apr 3, 2011
Utica, OH
First, I think you did trouble shoot it already. You swapped the lift pair (Wh/Y) with the curl pair (R/Bl) and moved the problem.

Second, whitetiger has forgotten more about Kubota tractors than I’ll ever know. Smart guy with a lot of experience turning wrenches on these.

The quick couplers are the hydraulic fittings you use to connect/disconnect the loader. Male and female halves.

On my loader, the female half is on the loader. Male on the tractor.

Betting it’s a female coupler on that circuit. I’d change both of them. Wouldn’t do the other pair, unless you deem it prudent.

PS - I see TheOldHokie also replied. He’s a real hydraulic expert here. Very smart fellow also.
Thanks for clarifying.

GunnerBob

Equipment
Apr 3, 2011
Utica, OH
First, thanks to Henro, whitetiger, RCW, TheOldHokie, & jimh406 for all of the quick replies, especially on a holiday.

Also, I am so grateful for this forum and the many resources you all have compiled. I was able to find the part number I needed pretty quickly, and gave it to my Kubota dealer. They had them in stock, and my tractor is back working!

I ended up replacing the female quick couplers on the white & yellow hoses, as recommended by whitetiger, RCW, & TheOldHokie. That did the trick.

Thanks again…without your advice my tractor would be awaiting an expensive trip to the shop, I think.

Gratefully,
Bob

Reactions: 2 users