Understanding the Hydraulics

barncat

Equipment
L3200HST4X4,66"detach FEL,60"BB,SplitFire30"3pt,KKII,48"Forks
Oct 23, 2012
Indian Springs, AL
I am looking at adding a power implement to my inventory and was reviewing my L3200 manual hydraulic specifications and noticed some differing numbers. This question is about flow and pressure, the operators manual states 7.0gpm at 2,347 max psi, the pamphlet specifications state a (main) 6.5gpm and (PS) 4.0gpm. All of this is for the same tractor with the same options... What is the "main vs PS" and why are these different from the operators manual? If I add a remote block for hose connections which number do I use?:confused:

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
I am looking at adding a power implement to my inventory and was reviewing my L3200 manual hydraulic specifications and noticed some differing numbers. This question is about flow and pressure, the operators manual states 7.0gpm at 2,347 max psi, the pamphlet specifications state a (main) 6.5gpm and (PS) 4.0gpm. All of this is for the same tractor with the same options... What is the "main vs PS" and why are these different from the operators manual? If I add a remote block for hose connections which number do I use?:confused:
The main pump is the hydraulic pump used for the implements, loader, rear remotes , 3pt hitch. The PS pump is the pump used for the power steering, and power steering only. I don't think that any parts that you are concerned about will make any difference with 1/2 GPM difference.

What implement is it that you are thinking about getting?

barncat

Equipment
L3200HST4X4,66"detach FEL,60"BB,SplitFire30"3pt,KKII,48"Forks
Oct 23, 2012
Indian Springs, AL
One more question, is the gpm output of the hydraulic pump proportional to the rpm of the tractor? In order to achieve the desired gpm will I have to run the tractor at 2000+ rpm?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes the higher the RPM the higher the flow... to a certain extent, there are limits.