Tyres

Angus

Equipment
Kubota B2150 hst
Apr 29, 2021
France or UK
We have a kubota B2150 Hst and desperately need new back tyres.
we have tried all the places we can find. Size is 12.4 - 16 Farmtyres not turf. Bridgestone do not make them anymore , an American tyre Titan is a possibility but can’t find any in Europe.
Any ideas ?

19thSF

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, loader, MMM, pallet forks, tooth bar, rear blade, JD 318 w/plow, JD X350
Mar 1, 2020
Glendale, Rhode Island
How about Carlisle tires Europe headquartered in Hungary. They have your stated size in a farm tire. See the second link.

Whatever you buy, keep the tractors "gear ratio" in mind. As you may be aware, the fronts need to be sized to cover slightly more ground when in four wheel drive than the rears. This is intended to maintain good steerage. The "gear ratio" on my B2650 is 1.672. The fronts rotate 1.672 faster than the rears. I got that information direct from Kubota upon my request. You need to keep this ratio in mind if you change tire size from the original equipment size. (I believe that the four wheel drive model tractor came with rear tire size you are asking about).

Last edited:

19thSF

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 1, 2020
Glendale, Rhode Island
Firestone does have them. https://www.petestirestore.com/124-...ld-and-Road-Tractor-Tire-4-Ply-TT_p_6116.html The question is how old are they. I bought new front tires for mine only to find out they were 10 years old when I got them. It wasn't long before they had cracks in them that leaked air through the cracks. I had to have tubes put in the tires to be able to keep using them.
Hello Steve,

That sounds like it could be more of a Pete's Tire Store issue. Our friend Angus could find a dealer through
firestone.eu and it would be up to him to make certain that he was getting fresh stock. Just goes to show you though that buying online can have unwanted outcomes.

Good luck to you Steve, and I hope that you never get "stuck" like that again!

Steve Neul

Equipment
B5200
Jun 3, 2017
Terrell, TX
Hello Steve,

That sounds like it could be more of a Pete's Tire Store issue. Our friend Angus could find a dealer through
firestone.eu and it would be up to him to make certain that he was getting fresh stock. Just goes to show you though that buying online can have unwanted outcomes.

Good luck to you Steve, and I hope that you never get "stuck" like that again!
I don't know if it was true or not but I've been told Bridgestone has discontinued making the 4.5-10 front tires for my B5200. They are the only company making that tire and I just assumed that was the reason for the old stock. They can still be found online so if all of them are old stock the ones they have now must be really old. that was about 5 years ago when I bought tires.

19thSF

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 1, 2020
Glendale, Rhode Island
We have a kubota B2150 Hst and desperately need new back tyres.
we have tried all the places we can find. Size is 12.4 - 16 Farmtyres not turf. Bridgestone do not make them anymore , an American tyre Titan is a possibility but can’t find any in Europe.
Any ideas ?
Hello Angus ...............................are you still "out there"? If so, let us know how you doing with your tire issue. Those of us who post answers are always curious as to whether or not our information was of use.