Tube or Tubless???

JWChavarria

Equipment
Kubota, L245DT, blade, brush mower, sprayer, spreader, aireater, roller, tiller
Apr 11, 2012
Muscatine, Iowa
Going to replace my 7-16 front ag tires on my l245dt tractor. The old ones have tubes the rims are in good shape and are original. Should i mount them with tubes as they were or save 25 bucks and mount them up tubless. Looking for your input.:confused:

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Kubota says "Never fill the front tires" with liquid ballast, so there is really no compelling reason to use tubes. Is there anything wrong with the existing tubes? I'd use them or go tubeless. Even without a FEL I'd get 6 or 8 ply rating tires.
That is a great old tractor! Enjoy.

GEP

Jun 16, 2010
Benton Harbor, Mi
Kubota says "Never fill the front tires" with liquid ballast, so there is really no compelling reason to use tubes. Is there anything wrong with the existing tubes? I'd use them or go tubeless. Even without a FEL I'd get 6 or 8 ply rating tires.
That is a great old tractor! Enjoy.
I would use tubless tires with the bolt in brass valve stem.Yes you can load the front tires if you need to hold the front end down. You can also use front wheel weights. Thats what i use and had a tremendes inproovment in the controll of the front end. Stay away from cloride and yes with coloride you use tubes so you dont rot out the valve stem and eat up the rim's

JWChavarria

Equipment
Kubota, L245DT, blade, brush mower, sprayer, spreader, aireater, roller, tiller
Apr 11, 2012
Muscatine, Iowa
Thanks guys. I use this tractor to mow atv trails and food plots, and around locusts and thorn bushes. So I think I'll mount them tubless and fill them with slime. This should work in my situation. Thanks for your input. I will use the heavy valve stem though.