Tsunami

davemskinner

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Sold ZD28F, Bought04 Grnd L4330 /frnt mnt snwblwer L2185, hted/AC cab, 2nd ZD28F
Mar 12, 2011
Pulaski, NY
Anyone know what impact the quake and Tsunami had on Kubota's home facility and what it may mean to us Orange Lovers?:eek:

Hook

Equipment
L3240 with LA514 FEL, Box Blade, Howard Rotovator, All Purpose Plow, Sub Soiler
Jul 6, 2010
Jackson, Georgia
Not sure but probably higher prices and possibly difficulty in getting parts. I heard on the news yesterday that a GM plant had to close because they could not get parts from Japan. It will be a while before that mess gets straightened out. Oh by the way, why haven't the Japanese been looting?:rolleyes:

B7100

Equipment
B7100,B7100 with Backhoe and FEL, Goldoni Quad 20
Feb 11, 2010
Wales
My living does not depend on my tractor but with what those poor people have had to put up with, I for one can put up with any inconvenience of maybe not being able to get parts on demand!
Dave

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
My living does not depend on my tractor but with what those poor people have had to put up with, I for one can put up with any inconvenience of maybe not being able to get parts on demand!
Dave
My sentiments too, Dave.

davemskinner

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Sold ZD28F, Bought04 Grnd L4330 /frnt mnt snwblwer L2185, hted/AC cab, 2nd ZD28F
Mar 12, 2011
Pulaski, NY
The best help we can provide once the rebuild is started will be to keep buying their products. They are in a world of hurt!

Babyfat

Jun 24, 2010
Grass Lake, MI
www.dakins.com
The letter we got from Kubota,

Kubota appreciates the many inquiries from employees and dealers regarding the devastating effects of last week’s earthquake and tsunami in Japan.
As of March 14, we are aware of the following Kubota-related operations and employee news: * Kubota Corporation’s main office in Osaka is operating at full status
* Kubota plants in Sakai and Hirakata are at regular operation status
* Kubota’s plant in Tsukuba is shut down March 14 and March 15 for recovery / re-opening and tentative plans to re-open following the 16th; decision to be determined on the 16th
Fortunately, there has not been any reported loss of life of any Kubota employee at the machinery division locations.
We will continue to gather information and provide additional updates to you as we move forward during the week. Kubota appreciates the many gracious offers to assist during this time of need.
We thank you for your heartfelt concerns for those facing hardships as a result of this earthquake, tsunami and related destruction. Kubota will provide additional information as it becomes available.

Last edited by a moderator:

tk1469

Nov 15, 2010
North Central Michigan
I was thinking along those same lines and wondering how my new L3800 might be coming from Japan....but I ended up getting my "toy" from my dealer's existing stock. I'm relieved about that.

My heart goes out to the people of Japan. The hardship, financial loss, and pain from lost loved ones must be unbearable. I pray that they'll get control of the nuke sites so they can move back into their homes (what's left of them). My prayers are with them.