Trying to build a 3pt sprayer

Beanboy

Equipment
Kubota L4600 HST w/FEL, landpride DH1572. KK 5 ft boxblade
May 11, 2014
St Augustine FL
Sorry for the silly question, but the new tractor is at camp and I'm not. I'm looking to order a Delavan roller cast iron PTO pump for a home-made 3 pt sprayer. The pump runs CCW (counter-clockwise only). If memory serves kubota PTO/s run clock-wise? Can anyone confirm please? Also, does anyone have experience with building their own sprayer. Where I need things I'm planning on a handwand and avoiding issues with booms and clogged nozzles. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

kc8fbl

Equipment
2014 L3200 HST FEL, 1949 Minneapolis-Moline R
Aug 23, 2012
Gobles, MI
Kubota's run clock wise. The only exception to that is the B6000 that ran CCW.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
If all you plan on using is a hand wand, you
Might consider an electric pump. I use an electric
On my tow behind sprayer. I mounted my
Booms on clips that pop if i contact anything, so booms
Dont get destroyed. Also valves so i can
Turn either boom off and use a wand.

Those pumps are commonly used on Atv sprayers

Beanboy

Equipment
Kubota L4600 HST w/FEL, landpride DH1572. KK 5 ft boxblade
May 11, 2014
St Augustine FL
I have 12 food plots scattered over 1800 acs of hilly hunt lease accesible by narrow roads and trails. The lease is 5 1/2 hrs away, so trips are limited and time short. During the summer the nutgrass and briars grow unmoloested so is usually waist-high in fall when I can spare a couple trips to prep for fall planting
Due to drought in past years have relied on oats and some brassicas for harvest plots. Last year was finally able to get one plot of Durana clover to survive. This year have 1in soybeans behind electric fence, so far so good. Tried spraying with ATV boom but tall grass control was spotty and keeping nozzles clear was a problem.
Am hoping to build PTO driven sprayer for my new L4600 to get above grass, spray to kill in Aug, then mow and plant in Sept. Hoping to avoid nozzle troubles by using wand to spray, and avoid boom issues in narrow trails ( and cost of folding booms) ?
Open to all suggestions

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I have a couple of fields of grass with trees in and on the edges. I try to keep the growth at the edge controlled and ever to move back into the trees some. I have a 200 gal. tank on an axle (trailer) that has a wand with about 25' of hose. On the back of the trailer, behind the tank, I have a nozzle with a spray head that has 5 nozzles that spray out to 45' or so. I can adjust the spray length by controlling the nozzles and the pressure to some degree.

No problem with hitting limbs. Spray head sets about 3' above ground. Has a strainer on output line which eliminates virtually all plugged nozzles. With spots that require additional attention I can stop and use the spray wand as I see fit.

Check CL or local farm sale and you can probably find and old spray tank on wheels that once was a boom sprayer that someone gave up on. That's 80% of everything you need to make what youer looking for.