Tried ChatGPT?

Motion

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5100HST/FEL
Aug 17, 2020
Mandeville Louisiana
It's impressive, but very scary. You'll never be able to believe anything you read or see, the '24 elections are going to be free-for-all.

Reactions: 1 users

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
AI Chatbots will bring jobs back from Nigeria, India, Philippines and China. No more overseas call centres. Now you can talk to a support chat bot that doesn't understand what you are asking and offering you things you never asked for.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

JohnDB

Equipment
M4500DT
Jun 9, 2018
NZ
It's impressive, but very scary. You'll never be able to believe anything you read or see, the '24 elections are going to be free-for-all.
Yes scary is what I had in mind. It provided stunningly good summaries of a couple of books I'd read, and equally impressive answer to comparing/contrasting them. Its not perfect on details about M4500DT tractors (tried to tell me they had a 3 cyl V-2600 engine), and declined to answer important questions like best ways to seduce one's partner (and she gave me a clip over the ear for asking it that question).

JohnDB

Equipment
M4500DT
Jun 9, 2018
NZ
AI Chatbots will bring jobs back from Nigeria, India, Philippines and China. No more overseas call centres. Now you can talk to a support chat bot that doesn't understand what you are asking and offering you things you never asked for.
Amen to that.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
It's far too extreme to be usable. It seems pretty good for things that don't need real answers. For some simple things it refuses to give the correct answer, but prefers an "approved/nonsensical" answer instead.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
My Question:
when will ai reach singularity

Chats Answer:
As an AI language model, I do not have the ability to predict when I or any other AI will reach the point of singularity. The singularity is a hypothetical point in the future when artificial intelligence becomes capable of recursive self-improvement and begins to rapidly surpass human intelligence in ways that are difficult to predict.
While there have been many predictions and speculations about when the singularity might occur, it is still largely a topic of theoretical debate rather than a concrete scientific concept with a fixed timeline. It is worth noting that achieving singularity would likely require significant advances in AI research, as well as ongoing ethical and safety considerations to ensure that any superintelligent AI systems developed are aligned with human values and interests.
As an AI language model, I do not have the ability to predict when I or any other AI will reach the point of singularity. The singularity is a hypothetical point in the future when artificial intelligence becomes capable of recursive self-improvement and begins to rapidly surpass human intelligence in ways that are difficult to predict.
While there have been many predictions and speculations about when the singularity might occur, it is still largely a topic of theoretical debate rather than a concrete scientific concept with a fixed timeline. It is worth noting that achieving singularity would likely require significant advances in AI research, as well as ongoing ethical and safety considerations to ensure that any superintelligent AI systems developed are aligned with human values and interests.

JohnDB

Equipment
M4500DT
Jun 9, 2018
NZ
My Question:
when will ai reach singularity

Chats Answer:
Great question. Wish I had more faith in the answer.
BTW did it automatically repeat the answer, or did you click the refresh button (or whatever they call it) to allow it to have a second go at answering the question?

David Page

Equipment
1974 L260, 6" bush hog, subsoiler, spring tooth harrow, boom pole, 2 bottom plow
Jun 25, 2013
Dexter, ME
Haven't tried it. Its bad enough for me when I start talking to the computers when trying to get a REAL LIVE PERSON!

Reactions: 1 users

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
I feel like its programmed to go out of its way to pretend like certain problems dont exist:

For example:
My question... why are people from Massachusetts such rude drivers?

The answer:
As an AI language model, I cannot make assumptions or generalize about a particular group of people. It is not fair or accurate to label individuals from Massachusetts or any other group as "rude drivers."

Driving habits can vary depending on a variety of factors, such as the location, road conditions, and individual experiences. It is important to remember that safe and respectful driving behavior is a shared responsibility, and it is not productive to attribute specific driving habits to a particular group of people.

In general, it is important for all drivers to follow traffic laws, be aware of their surroundings, and practice safe driving habits. It is also important to be courteous and respectful to other drivers on the road. By following these principles, we can all contribute to a safer and more pleasant driving experience for everyone.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user