Tree grubber for backhoe

Terrain Twister

Equipment
B2650, RTV-X1100C
Nov 17, 2018
Heron, MT
Sorry I can't help locating one but I'll have to try and make one of these for my BH77 once the shop is complete and the CNC is back up and running!

bikerdib

Equipment
L4701 with FEL, BH92 backhoe
Oct 5, 2010
Wallis, Texas
Yes, I'm thinking the only way I'll be able to get one for my BH92 is to fab it up myself. I don't have a CNC but I do have oxy/accet, plasma cutter, mig and AC/DC stick for some 7018. I've done lots of fab work formerly as an iron worker and metal shop foreman. I was just hopeful I could use my time in other ways.

bikerdib

Equipment
Oct 5, 2010
Wallis, Texas
Yesterday.

Actually, I'm going to fab up a V shape cutting edge for my 16" bucket. It would be a simple matter except the bucket teeth are welded on instead of bolted on so I have to accommodate that.

I did a little work with the bucket this morning as is. My soil is what is known as black gumbo meaning the roots hold really well. When I try to use the existing cutting edge the Huisache just bends over or breaks off above ground. Most of the Huisache I'm removing is anywhere from 1" to about 6" diameter. Anything larger and I have to dig out the stump anyway.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
After watching that I would think it would be cheaper and probably easyre to use an old bucket and mod it like that.

bikerdib

Equipment
Oct 5, 2010
Wallis, Texas
I agree, I already thought about that and I'd love to find an old bucket that fits my BH92. But, so far, no luck finding one.

If anyone knows where I can get one, please let me know. A 12" would be ideal. Kubota wants close to $800.

Last edited:

bikerdib

Equipment
Oct 5, 2010
Wallis, Texas
I decided the simplest route was to modify my existing 16" bucket. I took 1/2" tool steel I had lying around and made some angled pieces that are welded to the bucket cutting edge and the 2 outside teeth. I added a reinforcing gusset on top for durability. This wedges the root against the center tooth and the plate bites into the root. I tried it today and it is a big improvement over the stock bucket and the way I did it the bucket still works to dig. It will also be a pretty simple process to cut it off and return the bucket to stock if I ever decide to (but I doubt I will).

Attachments

bikerdib

Equipment
Oct 5, 2010
Wallis, Texas
Thanks for the help but how did you embed the image? Is there a way to upload larger, higher quality images?

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Thanks for the help but how did you embed the image? Is there a way to upload larger, higher quality images?
In the Manage Attachment window it list the attachments, right click on the link and do copy link location. Then click on the image icon and paste the link in the dialog box.