Hello to the group and thank you for reading my post. Due to a failed throw out bearing I am changing out the clutch and bearing on my b6000 (4wd) and have a couple of questions.
1)I found the coupling on the transmission (input) pilot shaft had more of a gap (prior to disassembly) then I had expected. This may be normal but not what I have experienced with other alignment couplings. I could not find anything I the repair manual (on line) specifying a gap, or proper assembly. I assume that this is normal only because the nuts are fixed with a cotter key. And yes the single rubber spacer is in place. (I have pictures not sure if I will get them into this post)
2)I have purchased a new pressure plate assembly(PPA). Upon installation of the new PPA to the flywheel I found the two alignment pins were very tight. I installed all of the screws for the pressure plate assembly and put pressure on them. Then tried to set the pins with a block of wood and a heavy ball pein hammer. No go. So I removed the PPA and tried just the pin in the hole. It would not go. Looks like a press fit. I gauged the pin as best I could to be 6mm. I will try and gauge the hole tomorrow. Anyone had a problem with these pins fitting this tight? It appears to me that the press fit is a bit too tight and the hole alignment is slightly off (just a few thousandths ).
3) The clutch release bearing holder has a grease fitting and two grease seals. Should this also have a bushing? Looks like it was not designed for it, but I thought I would ask…
Thanks for your help,
Dale
1)I found the coupling on the transmission (input) pilot shaft had more of a gap (prior to disassembly) then I had expected. This may be normal but not what I have experienced with other alignment couplings. I could not find anything I the repair manual (on line) specifying a gap, or proper assembly. I assume that this is normal only because the nuts are fixed with a cotter key. And yes the single rubber spacer is in place. (I have pictures not sure if I will get them into this post)
2)I have purchased a new pressure plate assembly(PPA). Upon installation of the new PPA to the flywheel I found the two alignment pins were very tight. I installed all of the screws for the pressure plate assembly and put pressure on them. Then tried to set the pins with a block of wood and a heavy ball pein hammer. No go. So I removed the PPA and tried just the pin in the hole. It would not go. Looks like a press fit. I gauged the pin as best I could to be 6mm. I will try and gauge the hole tomorrow. Anyone had a problem with these pins fitting this tight? It appears to me that the press fit is a bit too tight and the hole alignment is slightly off (just a few thousandths ).
3) The clutch release bearing holder has a grease fitting and two grease seals. Should this also have a bushing? Looks like it was not designed for it, but I thought I would ask…
Thanks for your help,
Dale