transmission oil change on a b2710

indianasteve

Equipment
Kubota b2710 with front loader
Jun 15, 2020
indiana
Hello,

Indianasteve here. I am a new member, and I need some help. Don't know very much about tractors, but I purchased this used b2710 with loader a few years ago. I recently had to replace a couple hydraulic lines to the loader, and now my transmission fluid level is low. Since this is an older tractor, and I have no idea regarding the maintenance that was done, I figured That I would go ahead and change the fluid and filter. I bought 4 gal. of udt and the transmission filter. Now, I am trying to figure out how to drain the old oil. The Manuel says to "remove the drain plug" ,singular, but shows me 4 drain plugs. It also mentions a strainer. Can someone please help me understand what I need to do to change the fluid.

Jugtown

Equipment
B9200, B2710, Iseki G174
Oct 31, 2019
Asbury, NJ, USA
Indianasteve,
If you are looking at the the operators manual it shows two plugs at the rear lower transmission case, one plug at the mid PTO and one plug at the front go the trans case.
Hope that helps.
I'll get out to the barn tomorrow and try to take some actual photos.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
The screen is a sort of filter located in the transmission to filter the oil being sucked out of the transmission by the hydraulic pump.

I have attached a photo of the screen and a parts illustration showing where it is located. It will look like a big bolt securing the hydraulic suction line to the transmission.

The screen can be cleaned but it should be checked carefully for any physical damage and replaced if it is damaged.

Jugtown will help you identify the drain plugs. There are several as there are low points in the transmission/rear axle assembly so one plug cannot drain all fluid.

forum B2710 screen.jpg

forum B2710 screen 1.jpg

Dave

19thSF

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, loader, MMM, pallet forks, tooth bar, rear blade, JD 318 w/plow, JD X350
Mar 1, 2020
Glendale, Rhode Island
You can get an owners manual. Try the link below.

Jugtown

Equipment
B9200, B2710, Iseki G174
Oct 31, 2019
Asbury, NJ, USA
Sorry I didn't get these to you yesterday, just got busy and slipped my mind.
I could not get a pic of the front case drain because the loader frame is in the way.
The strainer pic is looking down from the RH side of the seat. It's easier to get at the strainer if you remove the RH tire.
Hope these help

Attachments

indianasteve

Equipment
Jun 15, 2020
indiana
Sorry I didn't get these to you yesterday, just got busy and slipped my mind.
I could not get a pic of the front case drain because the loader frame is in the way.
The strainer pic is looking down from the RH side of the seat. It's easier to get at the strainer if you remove the RH tire.
Hope these help
No problem. It isn't that big of a rush. I don't use the tractor as much as I did when I first bought it, and almost right after I posted asking for help the brakes went out on my truck. The line to the left rear wheel rust in to. My truck is a bit more important, so, that has kept me busy. I do thank you for your help. The pictures will help greatly.

I can't believe the responses I received to my problem. My past experience with other forums that I have had usually has been a comment telling me to check the archives. When I try to look at archives it usually takes me 3 days to find what I'm looking for. That's probably my fault, not knowing how to do it any better than I do. Anyway, thanks you.

indianasteve

Equipment
Jun 15, 2020
indiana
The screen is a sort of filter located in the transmission to filter the oil being sucked out of the transmission by the hydraulic pump.

I have attached a photo of the screen and a parts illustration showing where it is located. It will look like a big bolt securing the hydraulic suction line to the transmission.

The screen can be cleaned but it should be checked carefully for any physical damage and replaced if it is damaged.

Jugtown will help you identify the drain plugs. There are several as there are low points in the transmission/rear axle assembly so one plug cannot drain all fluid.

View attachment 44561

View attachment 44562

Dave
Thank you for you response. The pictures help greatly.

indianasteve

Equipment
Jun 15, 2020
indiana
You can get an owners manual. Try the link below.

Thank you for your response. Yeah, I need to get me one of those. The only one I have been able to find so far is a PDF download. I would love to find an actual manual.