Trans fluid, and Front axle gears..

hav24wheel

Equipment
L275
Oct 13, 2009
ND
I have a L275 with a loader on it, I was wondering if i switched to synthetic trans fluid, would the hydraulics work faster? They seemed to be faster and stronger right after I changed the trans fluid last fall, but now they seem to have slowed down, and it cant lift as much wt..

Also this past weekend i was diggin a hole in the dirt with the bucket, and broke two gears in the front left part of the axle.. I'm not sure what they are called exactly, but they are right out on the end of the axle, one is on the axle shaft from the pumkin, than the other is on the top of the shaft that goes down to the two gears down by the hub that the tire bolts to.. Where can i find these gears to buy some new ones? right now i removed the broken gears, so i can still use the tractor in two wheel drive.. I found some online, but the where around $250, but i dont know if that was for a set of 4 for the whole front axle or each.. i only need two of them..
sorry for such a long post as my first one.

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome Hav2, I like your handle, Yes go to SuperUDT for North Dakota winters. It gets places UDT will not on metal to metal friction contact parts and flows much better in cold starts. ;)

As for your gears Service Dept.Vic will see your post and can better tell you if $250 is a deal. I think it is but he will know if for both wheels. :)

hav24wheel

Equipment
L275
Oct 13, 2009
ND
Wow! I thought that was spendy. I don't know whem I'm going to get around to fixin these gears, as I'm sort on $ right now. I know exactly why they broke, I was in low range, 2 nd gear, diggin a hole. I was pushin forward and started to lift the bucket up, as it was almost full, and it put a lot of wt. on the front axle. I prob should have pushed in the clutch when I started liftin the bucket, but didn't realize how easy the gears would break. I tend to ask the tractor to do more than it was intended to.

When I had it apart gettin all the broken parts out, the bearings all seemed good, and I cleaned everything up, to get the metal chunks out. I didn't drive it after it broke, as the front tire was locked up, so the broken parts didn't have a chance to ruin the bearings. I might try to find some used gears for it, and just be more careful when in 4 wheel drive.

I'm more worried about it starting this winter than havin 4 wheel drive. I put a circulation heater on it to aid in the cold starts. Its Started hard even when its over 60* out. I hav to check the glow plugs, n the fuel filter is new. After its warmed up it starts up really easy. So I don't know if its just how these little 3 cylinders are or what.

Sorry for the long rant. Lol. Thanks for the insite.

fj40dave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LA534, BH77, TPD35, RCF2060, BB1566, RGA1258
Sep 24, 2009
Yelm, WA
If you want AMSOIL - I have a dealership and sell it at my price - not out to make anything on it - I have the dealership so I can get it for me as cheap as poss.

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
If you want AMSOIL - I have a dealership and sell it at my price - not out to make anything on it - I have the dealership so I can get it for me as cheap as poss.
hav2 go with fj's AMSOIL its one of the best and I think its every bit as good a SUDT particularily the full synthetic AMSOIL is one of the best out there.