Trailer for BX2680 and brush hog transport.

milanmark

Equipment
B2601, Bucket, Grapple, Brush hog, stump bucket is ordered!
Jul 7, 2021
Milan, MI
Hi guys, new here! I have my name on a BX2680 that is due in early September…
it will physically fit on my current 3500lb 5x10 trailer… but I’ll be right up on max weight with FEL, bucket and loaded tires.
Thinking of getting a new trailer to insure the weight is ok, I‘m looking for a guy who will build me a trailer with a 5200 lb axle. Until then may not get the tires loaded until I solve the trailer issue…
Thoughts?
Also tractor will be at my house and will transport to my property 30 miles away. Bucket and I plan on getting a grapple should be ok but the brush hog will be a problem transporting, I probably will just leave it out there once I get it there but looking for ideas to move it around if I need to. I’m thinking wheels and a winch? Or a hoist in a tree? Really looking forward to having my own tractor and do what I want instead of hiring someone!

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
You need a 16' landscape trailer with tandem 3500 lb axles and brakes. Buy once, cry once. Landscape trailers aren't very expensive, relatively speaking. I paid $7500 last fall for a 83x24 14k equipment trailer to safely haul my tractor around.

Reactions: 1 user

Motion

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5100HST/FEL
Aug 17, 2020
Mandeville Louisiana
As always do as you feel is best. Sixty miles a weekend! I'd suggest a tandem with 7,000# axles with rear brakes with 8 ply's, preferably half tilt and long enough to carry everything. Don't forget a spare, a capable jack and storage box on the tongue for binders/chains. Grapple up front in a cradle(allow room to connect) when transporting the bucket would sit atop the grapple and cutter attached to the tractor. Permanently affix "D" rings to the tractor to allow ease of tying down and have appropriately sized binders and chains of just the right length for the task. I sure others have pictures of their out fitted rigs.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Any tandem axle 16' 'car hauler' would be far better than a single axled trailer. You 'could' go shorter ,say to 14' maybe 12' if custom built. Be SURE at least 1 axle has brakes !, Both is better. Also add backup lights on the trailer,you'll see why one dark night.....spned $20 now,not $500 tow fee later....
As for moving a bushhog,think long and hard about a good 'home' for it so you don't HAVE to move it(when tractors not there...). You could make a simple 'crane' or 'boompole' or 'sleevelift' and use pickup to move the hog around.

orange crusher

Equipment
BX 2680
Sep 30, 2017
ontario canada
A 16' landscape trailer with 3500 axles will work just right. Brakes on at least one axle, but preferably both. I have the same set up and it works tickety-boo
IMG_6490 (2).JPG

Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
You need a 16' landscape trailer with tandem 3500 lb axles and brakes. Buy once, cry once. Landscape trailers aren't very expensive, relatively speaking. I paid $7500 last fall for a 83x24 14k equipment trailer to safely haul my tractor around.
Good advice. I did the same thing earlier in the year and bought a used but virtually new MidSota 22 ft 14k utility trailer with a 7k jack for $5,700. I've used it way more than I thought I would and a lot more than my 16 ft dump trailer.

Reactions: 1 users

ManBitesDog

Equipment
Currently Shopping
Jul 8, 2021
SW Florida
Trailer builders are like everybody else -- They're having trouble getting people to work for them.

It's so much easier to stay at home and get goobermint bennies. Hard to blame them.

hedgerow

Jan 2, 2015
Malcolm NE
I would bite the bullet and just cry once and buy one that is long enough you can haul the tractor FEL and bush hog at the same time. I never have cared for a tilt trailer. I would get one with beaver tail and 7,000 axles and brakes on both. Check your state but in mind you better have brakes on every wheel on the ground. If you do a ton of looking you can find a deal on a used trailer.

Reactions: 3 users

milanmark

Equipment
Jul 7, 2021
Milan, MI
Thanks guys. Hard to come up with one that also will be suitable as a utility trailer.... I haul firewood and no way would I do it with the short sides... I built up my current trailer with wood sides works well...
Anyways I liked the DR trailer I looked at but a coupla things I didn't like and they aren't into custom builds.... so tomorrow going trailer shopping... and I would really like to have it fit the LX I looked at but that won't fit in my pole barn.... too many variables!

orange crusher

Equipment
BX 2680
Sep 30, 2017
ontario canada
Thanks guys. Hard to come up with one that also will be suitable as a utility trailer.... I haul firewood and no way would I do it with the short sides... I built up my current trailer with wood sides works well...
Anyways I liked the DR trailer I looked at but a coupla things I didn't like and they aren't into custom builds.... so tomorrow going trailer shopping... and I would really like to have it fit the LX I looked at but that won't fit in my pole barn.... too many variables!
IMG_6711.JPG

Same trailer as above with lift off side boards and one full cord of green oak. Side boards simply slide in and out of stake pockets.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
i love my 18' i can put my little bx, with the fel, backhoe, grapple, box blade all on in one shot!

i 100% agree on the dual axles with dual brakes. so much safer, plus you remove the braking load off your truck.

milanmark

Equipment
Jul 7, 2021
Milan, MI
i love my 18' i can put my little bx, with the fel, backhoe, grapple, box blade all on in one shot!

i 100% agree on the dual axles with dual brakes. so much safer, plus you remove the braking load off your truck.
How about backing up with dual axles? Always heard it was harder, scrubbing the tires?

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
How about backing up with dual axles? Always heard it was harder, scrubbing the tires?

they do slide, and if you turn extremely sharp on soft gravel; it can leave some marks. Quite often I move mine around with my FEL. When I turn it really sharp the tires sometimes arent spinning they are just sliding gravel driveway so i dont worry about it and i havnt had an issue with it yet.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
When I move with my tractor, I push the 3ph right up, it lifts the front set just about off the ground, they don't scuff so much. Otherwise I just make big turns.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I have tandem axles on a 9000lb camper and a 5 ton equipment trailer. Backing with tandems is not a big deal at all. It’s really nothing compared to blowing a tire on a single axle. Been there. Not going back.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: How about backing up with dual axles?
practise, practice, practize..
the more you do it, the better you get..
when I did 'circuits and bumps' for 2 hrs, I could land ont he runway numbers 97 out of 100 times.