trail making & made: lots of pix!

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
besides having it saved & sharing with all of you guys this is a great way to share my improvement on tractor skills with the toothbar & the land.

remember: all of this is being done with just a B2601 & a toothbar! then bush hogging over it.

the pictures are just from the last couple of weeks & do not show all of the trails marked just what i snapped from this go around.

yellow is property lines

white is trails made/pictured

red is still to do!

Attachments

Tractor NUG

Equipment
B2601, LA434 Loader, B2782B Snowblower, RB1672 Rear Blade,TowBar,HLA 60" Grapple
Sep 17, 2017
Canada
Hey great job. Looks really good. I haven't thought much about getting a toothbar as I am looking forward to clearing some trails come spring. I have a grapple but may want to reconsider the toothbar after seeing what you were able to accomplish. Good to see that the B2601 can do it- I love mine and really happy I bought it- its a workhorse.
Cheers and all the best- keep sharing!
GP

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
Thnx everybody!

Without everybody heres input & advice this would not be going so good.

Im coming back over these trails with everything we put through the woodchipper, which eliminates mud & makes a nice base.. might throw some seed in there too.

A 55 gallon drum of wood chips goes about 15'.

Tractor NUG

Equipment
B2601, LA434 Loader, B2782B Snowblower, RB1672 Rear Blade,TowBar,HLA 60" Grapple
Sep 17, 2017
Canada
Thnx everybody!

Without everybody heres input & advice this would not be going so good.

Im coming back over these trails with everything we put through the woodchipper, which eliminates mud & makes a nice base.. might throw some seed in there too.

A 55 gallon drum of wood chips goes about 15'.
Just learning but did u dig up the ground including stumps etc with just the fel? Do u have any videos?

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
the stumps are not on the trail... thsoe are where my other project is going on of cutting down dead trees.

on the trail cutting, that toothbar has allowed me to uproot or cut through everything in the path.

sapplings & young trees up to about 2"... ive been able to shove them right out of the ground.

briar bushes & scrub it either up roots it or cuts it off & then i run the hog close over it & its taking it down to what you see.

on the powerline right of way in that one picture there are 2 stumps that i found from years back. gonna take the grinder to those.

what the guys here have taught me on the toothbar is if i KNOW its there/too big to push out... i go up to it & dig the teeth in to the dirt & curl the bucket a few times to loosen it up. then back up & go at it again & so far ive been able to push everything out.

granted i am picking the directions im going by trying NOT to kill any trees.

this has also allowed me to transplant a couple of good sized maples & redbuds!

not sure how video would work as im closing in on a mile of trails right now & they typically take me & the wife 30 minutes to walk.

maybe i could do a video from the tractor next spring when im mowing?

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Looks good. I've got around 8 acres of woods that was logged 6-8 yrs ago and the prior owner did not maintain any of the trails back in. I want to reclaim them and make some new ones for walking and ATV riding. My issue are all the tree tops they left across the trails and the ruts from the skidders. I did get in there with my brush hog and cut some of it down, but I need to move some dirt in to the front access point to fill a nice sized hole. The last time I tried going in, I sank to my front axle and used the FEL to lift and help push myself back out. I started filling it with dirt but good old Mother Nature has been keeping it too wet to get much done. Hopefully it dries out here in the next few weeks and I can do some grading with the box blade.

msmcknight

Equipment
B2601
Oct 30, 2017
Statesville, NC, USA
besides having it saved & sharing with all of you guys this is a great way to share my improvement on tractor skills with the toothbar & the land.

remember: all of this is being done with just a B2601 & a toothbar! then bush hogging over it.

the pictures are just from the last couple of weeks & do not show all of the trails marked just what i snapped from this go around.

yellow is property lines

white is trails made/pictured

red is still to do!

Which toothbar (brand/model) do you have? Your story here is a pretty good testimonial to the one you have.