Tractors an Brush Burn Pits

stevenfreeves

Equipment
L3901, KX040-4, Bush Hog Mower, Roto Tiller, PD25, box scraper, Grapple.
Dec 5, 2021
Anderson California
I use my tractor, Gator, etc over the course of a year to pile up the brush, and then when it's suitable weather and I've paid for the burn permit, light it up. It's quite the fire. Some poking of unburned branches is needed, but a final tidying up can be done with the tractor when the ashes are cold. As for your last suggestion, that would be harder than you might think. :):ROFLMAO:
😁😉, we had a huge snow storm a couple years ago and it took out a lot of my trees. So I have a lot of brush to burn at the moment. So I need to have it burning and add to it to keep it going otherwise it will take me several years to get this cleaned up.
-Cheers,

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I burn a lot, but not in a pit. I stack my debris on level ground and pile it up, mostly brush but do have some trees usually on the bottom.

My method for starting is soak toilet paper rolls in a bucket filled with only diesel fuel to act as wicks. place a few in the pile and lite, works great. I don't want to stand by it the whole time so I only burn when it is raining.

Once the pile burns down I round it up with a pitch fork and use a old pair of gloves I have from the fire dept. to pick up bigger pieces.

Stay safe OTT.

Jay
I always burn brush pikes after the first snow of the season. The pile is still dry and the snow prevents spread.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I burn a lot, but not in a pit. I stack my debris on level ground and pile it up, mostly brush but do have some trees usually on the bottom.

My method for starting is soak toilet paper rolls in a bucket filled with only diesel fuel to act as wicks. place a few in the pile and lite, works great. I don't want to stand by it the whole time so I only burn when it is raining.

Once the pile burns down I round it up with a pitch fork and use a old pair of gloves I have from the fire dept. to pick up bigger pieces.

Stay safe OTT.

Jay
Toilet paper is a commodity in short supply!:confused:

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
This is the BX on fire duty. I don’t add to my pile while its burning. I use the loader to keep it contained in the pit. By just back dragging with the loader if the grass starts burning.

18E1CB82-A0DB-4A0C-BA67-CAE52478224A.jpeg