Tractor shopping in Georgia

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Thinking of selling the LX and moving up. FIL wants to clear some of his land and I believe we will be building a house on that property soonish. I 100% love the LX. But he has offered to go in halves to get something we could both benefit from. If I can sell, which shouldn't be hard, we are thinking about a MX5400 4wd FEL rops.

What is a realistic price to start at?
LX2610 25ish hours
First set of filters for 50hr service
Large tires
Canopy
FEL with SSQA 60" bucket
2 rear remotes
Summit 3rd function
LP 5' cutter and box blade (15XX series I believe)
EA 55" grapple
Hydraulic top link

Nightvision

Equipment
Kubota L4701, 6’ tiller, 5’ woods mower, 10’ Brillion cultipacker, 50 gallon spr
Jan 26, 2021
Middle Georgia
I’m new here but not to tractors but you were warned you’d want bigger. This isn’t a mean spirited jab but a funny reminder. We have all been there. Good luck getting it right the 2nd time.

I went from a L2800 to a L4700. Think thats correct. Had the 2800 for about 6 years. Have had the 4700 for 1 year. Now if I could just justify the 7060....

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
I’m new here but not to tractors but you were warned you’d want bigger. This isn’t a mean spirited jab but a funny reminder. We have all been there. Good luck getting it right the 2nd time.

I went from a L2800 to a L4700. Think thats correct. Had the 2800 for about 6 years. Have had the 4700 for 1 year. Now if I could just justify the 7060....
It's not really me wanting bigger, I love the LX. My father in law is wanting something bigger than his Ford 2000. I believe I would be a dummy to pass up the opportunity to step up to a much larger tractor, with him footing half of the bill.

Nightvision

Equipment
Kubota L4701, 6’ tiller, 5’ woods mower, 10’ Brillion cultipacker, 50 gallon spr
Jan 26, 2021
Middle Georgia
It's not really me wanting bigger, I love the LX. My father in law is wanting something bigger than his Ford 2000. I believe I would be a dummy to pass up the opportunity to step up to a much larger tractor, with him footing half of the bill.
No doubt. I’d take him up on the offer as well. I’m in Perry, Ga. A 7060 is what I’m wanting. 😂

Reactions: 1 user

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Random question since I've watched this thread for a while. Is half an MX really better than all of an LX? If you guys will mostly do stuff together, totally makes sense. But what if you both want to mow at the same time? If you do things at different times, and the tractor would otherwise be idle, it's a great idea. But if you both work so both want to use the tractor on weekends, maybe not so good.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Random question since I've watched this thread for a while. Is half an MX really better than all of an LX? If you guys will mostly do stuff together, totally makes sense. But what if you both want to mow at the same time? If you do things at different times, and the tractor would otherwise be idle, it's a great idea. But if you both work so both want to use the tractor on weekends, maybe not so good.
The LX was bought for my property, which is basically across the street from FIL’s. We, wife and I, are highly considering building on his land within 3-4 years, hopefully sooner, but will definitely get there eventually. I don’t foresee us wanting to do something without the other one there. We work very well together, reading each other’s minds type thing. Talked with him this evening, he would keep the 2000, removing FEL, if he could sell it, and making it the rotary cutter/garden tractor. MX would handle the firewood and driveway duties as well as whatever else we find to do.

Like I said earlier, I’m in no rush to sell the LX. And he is content with the 2000 for time being, though he does love the grapple on the LX!