Tractor Joy ride

RLinNH

Equipment
B2650,LA534,BH77
Mar 10, 2018
NH
I take mine for a spin around my property all the time. I even take her to the neighbors for a visit. Every now and then I'll go the the middle of my property on her, turn off the engine, and enjoy the sounds of the woods.

Reactions: 1 user

Quick

Equipment
B2601, LA435, BH70, LP SGC0554 Grapple, LP RB1672 Rear Blade, King Kutter 60" BB
Sep 23, 2021
St. Clair, MO.
A big 10-4 on the joy riding! Sometimes I'll just drive through the woods on newly made trails with the argument that I'm just trying to keep the weeds from growing back on the trails. (-:

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Hey guys I was wondering if you guys take your tractors on joy rides what I mean Is just drive it just for fun! My dad for some reason gets super annoyed when I drive my 7100 he says I drive it like a car and that it’s not made for that lol
When I was a kid I wanted a dirt bike. The parents said "We have a tractor, drive that. While you are at it put the mower on and cut grass at the same time."

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Vigo

Equipment
B6100, B8200
Jan 9, 2022
San Antonio Texas
when I drive my 7100 he says I drive it like a car
Funny you should mention that.. I have a B6100 i love and find very fun, but its throttle pedal does not seem useful to me because it will only rev the tractor up, but not let it rev back down to the previous setting. I didn't figure i cared so i never looked at that. Well, i picked up a 7100 to resell and the pedal works more like you expect or more like a car pedal, where your dash lever sets minimum throttle and the pedal lets you rev above that and when you let off it returns to the lever's setting.

I IMMEDIATELY started driving it more like a car. Times when i would be happy to putter along at mid throttle in the 6100 im 'flooring it' in the 7100 and 'driving aggressively'.

ALL because of the difference between those two pedals.. so now im going to make my 6100 work like that too. :LOL:

Daisy Cutter

Equipment
L2501 w/ssqt fel,60" LP finish mower, 54" LP grapple, and 48" BushHog box blade
Oct 6, 2019
Priceville AL
While contemplating whether or not to get a diesel transfer tank, I decided that the gas station down the road was close enough to drive to. When I need fuel, I just drive the L2501 to the station. And yes, I have driven it through the McDonald's drive through a time or two to pick up breakfast.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

Boss Hog

Equipment
B7610 + other MF tractors.
Apr 20, 2022
Illinois
I don't drive the tractor for fun, unless I'm giving rides to kids. (That's the best thing about having tractors)

But I have been known to go mow a path to a place I want to be able to get to on foot when I'm out for a walk. I call it "recreational mowing".

SAR Tracker

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, FEL, LX2963 Snowblower, BH77 Backhoe, forks
Nov 17, 2020
Central Oregon
I used to drive the tractor around with shot gun along looking for hooved rats. They're drawn to the diesel sound.
While not a Kubota, my cousin that does "custom combining" in the midwest carries a shotgun for when he scares up pheasants!