Tractor instead of fork lift - newbie

RaleighRuckus

May 12, 2022
Sounds like you've answered enough questions to know that the LX2610 and the L2501 will lift what you need to do easily. Filled tires should be enough ballast for 650 lb loads. I've lifted/carried way more than that with only filled tires and no additional ballast on not so flat gravel driveway. No pucker factor.
Just don't buy forks that weigh 500lbs.
In reading your original post my question would be related to your statement "I love the idea of the versatility". What did you have in mind here? Are there other specific things you plan on using it for? If so, those specifics might help make your decision. If it's just a matter of having a multi use tractor vs a single use forklift, I understand that too.
Bingo! "If it's just a matter of having a multi use tractor vs a single use forklift, I understand that too."
We have uses for a tractor other than just pallet work.
Thanks for your input.

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
My question was "what are those other uses?" You asked about ballast. If the other uses include maintaining a gravel driveway, then a boxblade would be an obvious choice for ballast. If digging trenches is on the list, the backhoe would work as your ballast if needed. If the other work is light material bucket work, then filled tires is enough but for heavy bucket work you'd want some type of rear ballast other than filled tires. Let us know those "other things" and you might get better/more specific feedback. Good luck with the business.

Reactions: 1 user

RaleighRuckus

May 12, 2022
My question was "what are those other uses?" You asked about ballast. If the other uses include maintaining a gravel driveway, then a boxblade would be an obvious choice for ballast. If digging trenches is on the list, the backhoe would work as your ballast if needed. If the other work is light material bucket work, then filled tires is enough but for heavy bucket work you'd want some type of rear ballast other than filled tires. Let us know those "other things" and you might get better/more specific feedback. Good luck with the business.
Thank you Freeheeler. Great information. General land management is the intention for other uses. Thanks again!