Touch up paint.

Eddie Jr.

Equipment
B3200 HSD
Mar 27, 2011
Ottawa Valley, Ontario, Canada EH!
I guess this qualifies as a repair/maintenance question?

I am looking for a cheaper solution to the almost 20$ a can my dealer charges for touch up. :rolleyes: I know some of you guys have done complete restorations on your Orange machines. I don't have access to an air system adequate to spray, so is there a company that makes a rattle can in the right color to touch up the bucket and whatnot every now and then. I certainly don't mind using my equipment but also like to keep it looking new as possible for as long as I can. I believe my tractor is the Kubota #2 as it it a newer B3200.

Any thoughts or suggestions fellas?

Thanks!
M.

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
:)

depends where you live. I can get a can of that orange from the next DIY-mart...

Eddie Jr.

Equipment
B3200 HSD
Mar 27, 2011
I live in Canada .... Went to the local Tractor Supply Co. and had a quick look while picking up some other goodies last weekend and saw like EVERY other color but either of the Kubota Oranges .... They might have been out of stock at the time but I suspect they don't carry it. My dealer charged me 18.99$ plus tax for the can I picked up a few weeks back. Seems like a bit of a stretch since you can get a can of black Tremclad oil base paint for like 3 bucks! :mad:

M.

IC-Smoke

Equipment
B2400, ZD28, BX24
Dec 16, 2010
Pittsford, MI
They should carry Kubota.... here in the US they have the old Kubota orange and "New Kubota Orange" both rattle can, quart, and gallon paint.... I just picked up a quart for my roller today. I would ask the manager if they can order it in or see if another store has it.

Eddie Jr.

Equipment
B3200 HSD
Mar 27, 2011
They should carry Kubota.... here in the US they have the old Kubota orange and "New Kubota Orange" both rattle can, quart, and gallon paint.... I just picked up a quart for my roller today. I would ask the manager if they can order it in or see if another store has it.
Thanks IC, I will check again. I thought maybe the Kubota dealers had an exclusive deal here on their color. :cool:

M.

exkx61

Jan 18, 2011
Bigfork,Montana
If you have an ACE hardware that carries Rustoleum neutral base paint you can have it mixed to any color for less than $10/qt. Just take in part for color match. It does take longer to dry.

Eddie Jr.

Equipment
B3200 HSD
Mar 27, 2011
IC ...Thanks!
That looks like the same brand they have here in the Canadian stores. The part number was a superb idea as well. Thanks!
exkx61 - no ACE hardwares here in Canada, but I'm sure the local Napa or equvilent can mix me up a batch. Can the ACE people put it in a rattle can for you? I know the Napa people can but for a price! ;)

jem041279

Equipment
2011 L 3940 w/ FEL, 6ft shredder
Apr 20, 2011
abbeville, louisiana
Maybe you can order the paint from tractor supply on internet, I just bought a new L3940 and welded some chain hooks to FEL and welded expanded metal to the brush guard in front to stop sticks from hitting grill and the valspar paint matched perfectly. My friends thought tractor came with my new mods from factory cause the paint matched so perfectly but that is a new tractor with new paint, I am not sure if your paint is faded or not.

Eddie Jr.

Equipment
B3200 HSD
Mar 27, 2011
Nope, not faded yet. Still new looking and want to keep it that way for a while at least. Going to treat all the pained surfaces with Xzilon (the stuff the car dealerships sell you for like $500) I happen to run a few car lots and have access to the stuff! ;)
I think shipping things like aresol paint across the border might be a bit of a nightmare ... but I will look into it for sure!
Thanks for the tip!

Kubota Newbie

Equipment
M4500, New Idea Cut-Ditioner, JD 14T Baler, IH "Plow Chief" plows, Oliver Rake
Dec 28, 2010
Mount Vernon, Ohio
Just painted an M4500 and had decided to use the "new" Kubota orange instead of the old orange just because I liked it better. Wanted to use Valspar's "restoration series" paint but they don't make it in the Kubota oranges. They DO however manufacture the restoration series in AC orange. We did a color comparison with rattle cans between the AC orange restoration series and the "new" Kubota orange in the regular Valspar spray cans (green can in previous post) and decided that we just could NOT tell the difference in the two. So...The M4500 is now Valspar Restoration series AC Orange. Funny... still looks like a Kubota!