Toothbar vs. Asphalt

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
Hello, I ordered a vicious looking Bxpanded tooth bar and am having second thoughts about the purchase. I take my loader off weekly to cut my grass and in doing so stick the bucket edge onto the driveway asphalt. So far not an issue however I am wondering if the sharp tooth bar might further degrade my asphalt. Need I worry ? I will admit as a new tractor owner that getting the loader back on occasionally presents a challenge that in time I hope to master.

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
Hello, I ordered a vicious looking Bxpanded tooth bar and am having second thoughts about the purchase. I take my loader off weekly to cut my grass and in doing so stick the bucket edge onto the driveway asphalt. So far not an issue however I am wondering if the sharp tooth bar might further degrade my asphalt. Need I worry ? I will admit as a new tractor owner that getting the loader back on occasionally presents a challenge that in time I hope to master.
Why not place it on a couple of boards?

Reactions: 2 users

Goz63

Equipment
Kubota L2501, LA525 loader, QH15,Land Pride RCR1860, BB2560, SGC0660, forks
Jun 19, 2021
Mississippi
I put all of my implements whether front or back on a pallet or 6x6’s to get them off the ground. Makes putting them back on A LOT easier. This may solve both your problems.

Reactions: 1 user

Mlarv

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 19, 2020
Crossville TN
I have a BX2380 so a little different then yours. I take mine off in my garage all the time. I have an old piece of outdoor carpet I place it on.

I wouldn't worry about putting yours down on the asphalt, you could place a few pieces of 2 by under it (as stated above) if you are worried about it.

The trick to make it easy on and off is place it on a level spot. It makes a world of difference..

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
ANY depressions in the asphalt will, over time, allow water and salt water, to get underneath,then bad things happen. One of those 'ounce of prevention' things.. toss a 'bucket sized' piece of OLD(free) plywood down first or a skid.

Reactions: 1 user