Tooth bar for bucket

flogler

Equipment
2017 BX23s
Dec 18, 2019
Debary, FL. USA
No. I'm in the city limits and very easily could get out of control. Yes, it would burn fast and extremely hot maybe too hot for surrounding area.

GeoBx2680

Equipment
FEL, 60" mower, 60" plow, Pallet Forks, 50" snowblower Front mount
Oct 8, 2018
Mn USA
Hrrrmmm...

Both are V notched tooth bars, relatively same price. Only a $100 difference between the two for my tractor (actually less when you figure shipping from BX vs free shipping from EA). Both are used for the exact same function(s). There have been comparison videos already done of the (2) bars.

But hey, I guess if you don't think they can be compared then no-one should compare Ford to Chevy to Dodge when looking to buy a truck?

I could personally care less which/what the OP or anyone buys, but to state there is NO comparison to it, that's just incorrect at its core.

Shipping from EA is free if you live in the 1000 mile radius and I don't. Last thing I ordered from EA was $230 for shipping. but it did weight 300 pounds.
Freight shipping is not cheap either way. I know because we use it at work when we get Roof top units delivered

I can get the PTB delivered to my house for $35 plus cost of the Bar = about $290

I'm all about stimulating the economy but I'm not going to pay almost as much in shipping as the product cost. If it was to cost me $200. to ship from EA

I think EA just charges more for there products to make up for the "free shipping" if you live in the 1000 radius and if you don't then they hit you again for a delivery charge

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
...I think EA just charges more for there products to make up for the "free shipping" if you live in the 1000 radius and if you don't then they hit you again for a delivery charge
First off, call them and quote it before making it up. EA will not charge 200 to ship that bar to you.

There is no such thing as free shipping. UPS, FedEx, USPS, none of them give their services to anyone. Surprising people are still not aware of that. Just go by the total cost.

GeoBx2680

Equipment
Oct 8, 2018
Mn USA
First off, call them and quote it before making it up. EA will not charge 200 to ship that bar to you.

There is no such thing as free shipping. UPS, FedEx, USPS, none of them give their services to anyone. Surprising people are still not aware of that. Just go by the total cost.
Maybe you should re-read my post !
I said " If it was to cost me $200 to ship from EA"

I know there is no such thing as free shipping. Thats why some places charge more to help cover there cost of paying for the shipping that people think is free.

Yes I will call them Monday just to see what the cost is.
But I'll probably be ordering from BX because I didn't see a loader dolly on EA site

Either way the PTB is cheaper with paying for shipping, then the Wicked bar I was looking at on EA site

Chad D.

Sep 21, 2019
Eugene

I agree with everything in this post. I live in western Oregon, which is just about as far as you can get from EA without hitting an ocean. I was hesitant about buying my landscape rake from them because I knew I was well beyond the 1,000 mile radius and assumed shipping would make them cost prohibitive. I called and got the freight quoted before I made a decision. I paid either $110 or $115 in additional freight. I am fortunate to have a loading dock with forklift at my office, which will reduce cost.

And yes. You are most certainly paying freight if you’re weighing 1,000 miles. It has to be wrapped into their retail price. It is fair to assume that they have shipped enough product to know what the average cost is within that range, and build it into the sell price. Claiming “free” freight is marketing. It works though, because many people don’t want to figure out what the actual cost of shipping is and add it all together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GeoBx2680

Equipment
Oct 8, 2018
Mn USA
So I ordered the PTB. Now just got to wait the 2 week to get it..

Total cost $290 with shipping

NHSleddog------I did call EA and The Wicked bar just over $400 with shipping

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
So I ordered the PTB. Now just got to wait the 2 week to get it..

Total cost $290 with shipping

NHSleddog------I did call EA and The Wicked bar just over $400 with shipping
So what was the upcharge for shipping?

Personally I don't like the EA design, I have the PTB myself.

802Driver

Equipment
LX2610SU 60" Bucket Land Pride54" Box Blade Farm King 4572 Rear Blade
May 18, 2020
Manitoba, Canada
BXPANDED Piranah Tooth Bar. Don't bother considering alternatives. Do a search on this forum. There's no legitimate comparison. This thread is over. You're welcome.
6A8C4D8C-1FC9-40C6-A9BA-E543F7EEA807.jpg

I would think this is a legitimate comparison. It is $260 Canadian and made here as well, from ordering to my door was 9 days. Fit is excellent and heavy duty.

Last edited:

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I will add my voice to being pleased with the Piranha tooth bar.

Just a couple of footnotes, if you are in a hurry to get it, it won't happen, they have a large back order.

In addition, they do their communication via email, so if you want to speak with someone via phone, it is a challenge.

With that being said, when I contacted them via email, I got a reply in a couple of days, they answered my questions, and I was pleased when the product arrived.

The other feature I like about the bar is the simple install. It only took a few minutes, used a marker, drill, an impact, and adjustable wrench.

project_x

Mar 6, 2010
Ottawa
I will add my voice to being pleased with the Piranha tooth bar.

Just a couple of footnotes, if you are in a hurry to get it, it won't happen, they have a large back order.

In addition, they do their communication via email, so if you want to speak with someone via phone, it is a challenge.

With that being said, when I contacted them via email, I got a reply in a couple of days, they answered my questions, and I was pleased when the product arrived.

The other feature I like about the bar is the simple install. It only took a few minutes, used a marker, drill, an impact, and adjustable wrench.
I have no issue with successful companies having a backlog.
Bxpanded is however the worst at customer management.....if you can make 2 bars per day....and you have a 100 before mine....it takes 50 days to build mine. Tell the customer that.

I ordered. They took my money immediately, sent email saying they got my order.....then nothing. I have sent email inquiries...still nothing.

Covid delays, supply delays, shipping delays, etc.....we all get. Just communicate it...and if the customer emails....respond

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Sodark

Equipment
2018 B2650 HST ROPS, BH77 Backhoe
May 15, 2018
Pacific Northwest US
Project; how long have you been waiting so far? I agree with you completely, communication would be appreciated. I placed an order on 05-13 and haven't heard back from them since and I don't expect to for another 4-8 weeks, but I base that on nothing.

PapaJ

Equipment
BX2680 - PFL1242 - RCK54 MMM - Fimco 3PH Sprayer - Trailer Mover
Apr 28, 2020
VA
Project; how long have you been waiting so far? I agree with you completely, communication would be appreciated. I placed an order on 05-13 and haven't heard back from them since and I don't expect to for another 4-8 weeks, but I base that on nothing.
I ordered mine on May 4th, just the first email that says thanks for the money, sucka! Sent a follow up asking for a status 4 days ago, so far no reply. I have almost completed the work I specifically wanted it for, 3 days of working a hard packed dirt mound versus what I expect would have been an hour with the tooth bar. Now it'll sit in the garage waiting for a need, that is if I get it before I die of old age. Based on this experience, I have decided not to order the other 3 items I was looking at on their site, I'll go with someone else for future purchases.

project_x

Mar 6, 2010
Ottawa
May 3rd.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I ordered mine on 4/26 and shipped on 5/19, just to give those an idea on how long it took for me.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Regarding “free shipping”... I agree with the above...BUT... when a company advertises “free shipping” they usually have a discounted price from the freight/delivery company, so the retail customer benefits from that as-opposed to the customer having to pay full-retail for shipping.

Of course, anything that advertises “free” is only marketing, agreed.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
With today's computers and internet and 'stuff', I can't see any reason why any company cannot return an email with an 'expected' delivery date. It ain't rocket science and frankly 'tooth bars ' are dang simple and FAST to make. Even a basic CNC shop can bang the blanks off in less than 10 minutes. Yes, I KNOW, friend has a medium CNC shop.. it took 8.25 minutes once the 'design' was fed into the computer. Heck, neghibour whacked a toothbar off in 15 minutes using a 35 year old Edwards ironworker...ok not as 'fancy' as the $$$ ones but it does the job and at $50 a reasonable price.
To not respond ,in a timely fashion to a customer is NOT good business, especially if that person has PAID for a product. I understand the manufacturing side, as I designed/built/installed energy control systems 3 decades ago ( preInternet...)Nowadays businesses KNOW their inventory down to the last nut and bolt, updated every few minutes. If they don't, they better get a 3 decade old TRS80 and use MFG control program.

802Driver

Equipment
LX2610SU 60" Bucket Land Pride54" Box Blade Farm King 4572 Rear Blade
May 18, 2020
Manitoba, Canada
Where did you order that toothbar?

I ordered it from Tractor Attachments, they reside in Quebec, I see your from Ottawa? You can avoid all the hassle of extra shipping and duty costs since they are made here in Canada.
Like I mentioned, it took 9 days to my door which is considered slow still with the pandemic slowing everything down.

I am personally not complaining about that, I have not any experience with the Piranha bar but if you look closely at my pic, it is heavy duty. I have about 40 hours with it and I do not think I have to wander how the Piranha bar works. They have a good selection of items on their site, I like the black as their choice of colour for their attachments. Compliments our tractors.

Last edited: