Toolbox Upgrade

BobInSD

Equipment
L5740
Jun 23, 2020
South Dakota
Note about moving the toolbox to the fender...
My rear remotes seem to be bolted to the toolbox (and only the toolbox)? I was thinking I'd have to put the usably-sized box on top of the factory box (or make a bracket, I guess, but the back of the box is at an angle which cut into the usable space anyway.)

I like the magnetic tray (and the hook). I'm always looking in the dirt or grass for linkpins and bushings. I have two of those trays stuck to the wall of my garage, probably never even been used.

Reactions: 1 user

kayco53

Equipment
2500dt
Mar 22, 2020
langley bc
I swapped out my OEM toolbox for a 50 cal ammo can. I used the hardware from the toolbox and SMV sign to mount it. Ok, I ripped that idea off from someone else but I did add a $4 magnet tray to it. I'm tired of putting my pins and washers on the fender while changing implements, only to knock them to the ground and then crawl under my tractor to find them. I mounted the tray in this position so it wouldn't collect water. Now I'm thinking about moving the OEM toolbox to the fender.

Did the same thing on my L2500.

Putneymountain

Equipment
Kubota M62
Sep 11, 2021
Putney, VT
We want to mount a toolbox on the loader post of our M 62 using these two pre-threaded bolt holes – red arrows in the attached pic - but for some reason we can’t seem to find a bolt size/thread that fits them… Does anyone know what fits these?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
I did the ammo box switch as well. Used the hardware that came with my original box. After a couple years the bolts pulled through the soft metal while mowing, that one left a mark and a mess. Lol. I’ve since reinforced the new ammo box. Just an FYI, for anyone doing the switch.
I like the idea of a magnet to hold pins and what not. I’ll be adding a couple. Thanks for the idea.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I just swapped the worthless Kubota toolbox for one I’ve had laying around for years. I added a plate of thick steel to reinforce the bottom of the box before installing.

Attachments

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Would
I just swapped the worthless Kubota toolbox for one I’ve had laying around for years. I added a plate of thick steel to reinforce the bottom of the box before installing.
your solution work with a BH? My dealer toolbox was relocated to just below the floor on right hand side subframe for the ho. It’s so small it doesn’t carry much beyond a few pins/shacked and crescents. I’d like a bigger box(no pun intended) but my BH sort of limits what I can put behind seat. Ideas?

bbxlr8

Equipment
L2501 w/R14s, LA525, BH77, SGC0660, CL 5' BB, CL PHD, WG24 + Ford 1210 60" mmm,
Mar 29, 2021
Eastern PA
That looks like my first ever craftsman toolbox that I got as a kid - still have it...

I too am struggling with finding a better option w/ the BH. I have seen bigger ammo cans mounted to the same base as the junk one but seems pretty unwieldy.

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
Maintenance info labels inside toolbox, a lot easier than digging up manual for simple stuff
20210312_115549.jpg

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Would

your solution work with a BH? My dealer toolbox was relocated to just below the floor on right hand side subframe for the ho. It’s so small it doesn’t carry much beyond a few pins/shacked and crescents. I’d like a bigger box(no pun intended) but my BH sort of limits what I can put behind seat. Ideas?
Mount higher on Rops with u-bolt. Or mount to side of loader post. I’ve also seen a tractor where someone installed a right side step, then mounted an ammo box on top of that

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
That looks like my first ever craftsman toolbox that I got as a kid - still have it...

I too am struggling with finding a better option w/ the BH. I have seen bigger ammo cans mounted to the same base as the junk one but seems pretty unwieldy.
It is a craftsman toolbox that I bought when I was about 20 years old. I wasn’t using it in recent years. I put a sheet of reinforcement steel in the bottom of the box before I drilled the bolt holes.

bbxlr8

Equipment
L2501 w/R14s, LA525, BH77, SGC0660, CL 5' BB, CL PHD, WG24 + Ford 1210 60" mmm,
Mar 29, 2021
Eastern PA
Just picked up a 50 cal ammo box to replace the plastic one on my L.
Test fit it tonight and looks good. Will prob. paint before mounting:cool: