Tool Box Ideas - L3800

apeckham

Equipment
L3800HST, Buhler 6' Finish Mower, Land Pride APS500, Land Pride RB3774
Feb 24, 2014
Corning, IA, USA
Have had my L3800HST now for a month and have recognized the need for a bigger tool box. I picked up a metal Stack On box that fit nicely where the plastic Kubota box goes. Only problem is I didn't take into account the amount of extra room that is needed to open the lid. :mad:

Since there are some really handy folks on this site I thought I would ask what others might have done.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Burt

Equipment
L3700SU, box blade, 6 foot rhino blade, 1 bottom plow, 3 point receiver hitch.
Mar 24, 2012
Goldendale, WA USA
Have had my L3800HST now for a month and have recognized the need for a bigger tool box. I picked up a metal Stack On box that fit nicely where the plastic Kubota box goes. Only problem is I didn't take into account the amount of extra room that is needed to open the lid. :mad:

Since there are some really handy folks on this site I thought I would ask what others might have done.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Apeckham,

If you will search my old posts, I had a tool box made for mine. There are pictures and dimensions also on the posts. It fits neatly behind the seat and in front of the SMV sign. It's very handy and I use it every time I take out the tractor. The Kubota "tool box" now sits on our ATV as its sized about right for that.

This question comes up a lot and I think a lot of folks use ammo boxes and other put ons for their tool boxes. I also went through that scenario but wanted something easier to open and close.

Behind the seat, there are also convenient mounting places to secure a custom box.

Good luck on your choices.