tires, chains...

seagullplayer

Aug 23, 2017
Indiana
My BX2200 has lawn tires on it.

I would like to have some better traction year round, but can't really justify new tires yet. Can I just replace the front tires with a more aggressive pattern?

I do plan to use the tractor to help clear snow off the gravel driveway. Will I need chains front and rear? I wont have a blower, just bucket and rear blade.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
There are lots of guys that plow snow with turf tires. You might think about filling the tires, they will give you more weight and better traction. Chains may help, there are any number of suppliers for the chains, just do a google search.
I think your tractor weights about 1600 pounds to start with so you should be good to go.
And NO changing the front tires can be very bad JUJU, unless they are the right size. You have to make sure they rolling circumferences fit the transmission ratio front and rear,, yeah a lot of mumbo jumbo.
But just changing the front tires would most likely cause you great annoyance and displeasure.

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
I found that my ATV chains fit the front of my B2650 so I plan on trying them this winter before I invest in expensive rear chains. I figure with R4 tires and 4wd I should be okay but the chains will be an advantage if needed. If you have any chains laying around you may be able to modify them to fit your tractor. You can read back through some of my posts on chains and see the discussion on chaining the front, more common than I thought.