Tire Valve Stem Location on ZD21F

Sebul

Equipment
ZD21F
Aug 16, 2020
SC
Can anyone help me determine if the rear tire valve stems on a Kubota ZD21F should be on the inside or the outside of the rim? The left rear tire has the stem on the inside. The right rear tire has the stem on the outside.

The answer may help explain another problem I have with the left rear tire rubbing a hole in the fuel tank. The ZD21 had fairly new tires when I bought it. I am beginning to wonder if the left tire was installed incorrectly.

Thank you

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
Automobiles, tractors, etc. usually have valve stems on the outside of the rim. It makes it easier to add air. Dual wheel setups may have one on the inside and the other on the outside but that's another story.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
If it's a turf tire, can you just remove, turn around and replace ?
It sounds' like there's an 'offset' to the rim, that's cause the rubbing ?
Sometimes valvestems are on the inside to reduce being damaged by rocks and stuff....

Sebul

Equipment
ZD21F
Aug 16, 2020
SC
UPDATE:

The tire is a turf tire, with an offset rim. The tire has been installed wrong for several years. (It wore a hole in the gas tank, which I addressed in another thread.) The valve stem being on the inside was the first thing that threw a flag for me.

The flipping the tire was easy. Patching the tank was more of a challenge, but it wasn't a big deal.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Greg8352

Equipment
L245dt
Feb 6, 2020
Covington Ohio
Rim location on my l245dt puts tire value on the outside in front. Rear tires stem is on inside. Front rims should never be changed as offset effects 4x4 bearing.