Tips and tricks for new B series owners.

retiree-urgency abandoned

Equipment
B3350, Kub. 5" rotary cutter, LP 48" forks, Titan Aerial Platform, KK XB Dump
Dec 1, 2020
Bloomington, IN
Hi -

Welcome to OTT! Sounds like you're already getting a lot of stuff done with your new machine.

Don't know if your machine has gone into parked regen mode yet or not, but I learned that it won't do a parked regen if you're low on fuel - don't recall that it was mentioned in the owner's manual - just worked it out by process of elimination. So if you get the parked regen light, be sure you've got fuel in the tank!

top gnome

Equipment
b2301 w bh fel grapple back blade snow plow forks
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
thank you we have been getting a storm every weekend. The last one took out many trees so the grapple is getting a workout. Amazed how much work can get done with that little tractor I was worried I was undersized but I think it will work out fine. On my specific machine there is no regen but I am sure others will find the information useful.

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
Loving the B2601. Bought one of those Sloan PTO turner tools because mine, new didn't want to turn by hand with positioner in forward position. Managed to get the bush hog PTO on though without it. Have the chipper PTO to put back on tomorrow. We'll see. Got the tool in the (bigger) tool box now.

Slowly getting used to that awful reverse treadle. Except for bit jerky FEL action, these are the only negatives on this tractor vs. the 2025R. So much more is better, better, better. Especially love the low fuel consumption. Think JD runs theirs more rich (some risk of going lean and getting things hot; Kubota has it better figured out).

Got my seat pad on with the "JD" removed from it. Cushions my naked butt.

top gnome

Equipment
b2301 w bh fel grapple back blade snow plow forks
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
Loving the B2601. Bought one of those Sloan PTO turner tools because mine, new didn't want to turn by hand with positioner in forward position. Managed to get the bush hog PTO on though without it. Have the chipper PTO to put back on tomorrow. We'll see. Got the tool in the (bigger) tool box now.

Slowly getting used to that awful reverse treadle. Except for bit jerky FEL action, these are the only negatives on this tractor vs. the 2025R. So much more is better, better, better. Especially love the low fuel consumption. Think JD runs theirs more rich (some risk of going lean and getting things hot; Kubota has it better figured out).

Got my seat pad on with the "JD" removed from it. Cushions my naked butt.
I had to get out early this morning so had to plow it was -2 F so I tried very hard not to have any naked parts exposed. The block heater worked great the tractor was out of the Cold within 5 minutes. I am still having some trouble getting the loader bucket exactly right curl to scrape the snow without digging in to hard. I agree the FEL is a little jerky and rattles some when dumping the loader probably the weakest part of the tractor so far. I am liking the Little tractor a lot it is very manoeuvrable compared to the farmall. I am a little concerned about the small tires in the bush as I think it may be easy to get stuck. with the BH on I dont think it will be too big of an issue. But with the back blade on I am getting temporally stuck when using the grapple in the mud or getting over a stump/rock that I cannot back over.