Time for new B2650

Terrain Twister

Equipment
B2650, RTV-X1100C
Nov 17, 2018
Heron, MT
Pulling the plug here in the next 3 weeks tops. Will do the loader with the SSQA and the 3rd function up front as a grapple is also on the menu. Pallet forks and Flail mower also on the immediate list. Property is wooded and tractor may also be used to plow snow a little. R1 tires as the few roads/driveways it will be on will be gravel tops if not just straight dirt.

Additional Recommendations appreciated.

Chuck

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
I've had my B2650 going on 3 years now and have been very happy with it. The engine is powerful yet really smooth, it's comfortable, the seat is sprung and has folding armrests, and the controls seem to be just where they should be.

Cab versions come with extendable end links which are optional on non-cab, I had them include these on mine. My previous tractor did not have them and they do make it easier to attach implements. You might consider adding them unless you go with a quick attach hook up system. I also had them add two rear remotes which I haven't had need for yet but I'm about to buy a flail mower with hydraulic side shift. Just curious have you decided on what flail yet?

I have the 60" bucket, 72" rear blade, and kept the ballast box from my old tractor. You'll want some kind of ballast for the back when using the loader, an implement can work though. For a grapple I went with EA's 55" one because it's strong yet relatively light. Not sure what shipping would be from NC though.

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
Not to hijack, but I'm looking at getting one this year as well.

Oliver, or anyone else, how do you feel about the stability of the B2650? I see you're in WV.

I have some significant hills to deal with. I've been working with tractors my whole life and know my limits. But when I look at the B series, my biggest concern is just that it looks narrow for the height.

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
PA452 I don't have a lot of tractor experience so no real reference to how tippy a B series is compared to other tractors. The only other tractors I've operated were a B series also (B7500) and an old Ford 8N that my BIL loaned me for a couple days. The Ford seemed more stable on side hills though.
The only times I felt my 2650 being tippy was having something in the FEL up high for instance lifting a large log with the grapple up over a wall in order to turn. Since I'm not using a MMM I may look into widening the rear wheels though.
I'd think with a mower deck down low or pulling a flail on the ground might help stabilize it if anything?

The Woodmax 62H is what I'm considering.
http://www.woodmaxx.com/FM_62H_Flail_Mower_p/fm-62h.htm