Tiller Speed?

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Who cares how long you been tilling gardens? There are many others on here who have lots of experience. Has nothing to do with the OP’s question and problem if you don’t help them with advice that helps them get the results they are looking for. Doesn’t make you know it all. All it’s doing is blowing your own horn and making you feel better than anyone else on here and driving away the new people from asking questions like this.
I rest my case.

OP, check your blade condition.

ruger1980

Equipment
L4310 w/La682, L225
Oct 25, 2020
CNY
A respectfull word from experience.... and age...

I tilled medium and large grandma's gardens in the 1970's. I tilled large lots and acres of land for commercial lots.
All in the 1970's and 1980's. All with a Kubota B7100, which is 16 HP. And a 48" PTO rototiller.

If it was a small garden, say 20 feet by 20 feet. ( OPs situation). I passed on bidding the job. That is too small for a tractor. To fully get results you need a walk behind tiller.

The L3301 and L3901 are the same sized tractor. HP is different, but not much else. The model number was a mistake on my part.

Bottom line is I have experience rototilling for myself, my family, and commercially over decades. If 1980 in your forum moniker is your age, well I was tilling with Kubotas before you were born.

If so, I have kids your age now and they think, even at 40 y/o, that they know Everything.

They don't, and I don't know everything.

The difference is that I would not argue with my Dad about what he knew. He lived it, I didn't. I had respect for lived experience. Young folks these days are Hi and Mighty. Not respectful or intelligent in things that they have no experience with.

I know some things very well. And tractor PTO rototillling is something I know. I lived it as a job for decades.

You can probably fix my computer or tell me how to install an app. Thank you. I sometimes need that.

But to suggest that I don't know something that I lived through. Lol. That's what my 40 y/o kids do.

WOW! We are probably only a few years apart in age if you would like to know. What a way to ASS,U,ME!! Who is the disrespectful person here?
And I have plenty of experience having lived and worked on farms from the 60's through the early 80's.

But we have gotten WAY off topic so lets be respectful to the OP.

Last edited: