Tiller recommendation

AJared

Sep 18, 2018
Medon, TN
I am looking for a 48 inch tiller to run behind a BX2380. It seems like the Land Pride is more expensive than the comparably sized King Kutter, Bush Hog, Titan etc. Do you all have any opinions on the best buy for the money in a 4 foot tiller? Thanks!

rokhunter

Equipment
BX23S TLB
Dec 28, 2018
Baker, Florida, United States
I am looking for a 48 inch tiller to run behind a BX2380. It seems like the Land Pride is more expensive than the comparably sized King Kutter, Bush Hog, Titan etc. Do you all have any opinions on the best buy for the money in a 4 foot tiller? Thanks!
I've got a Taylor Way 962 series I've been very happy with.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

southernboy

Equipment
Kubota L2501 4WD HST, LA525 Loader, Land Pride RCR1260 Cutter, Land Pride BB1260
Jul 25, 2018
Boaz, Alabama
I have a Kubota L2501 and did quite a bit of research before purchasing my tiller. Like you I noticed that the Land Pride was more expensive. One thing to consider is that the LP tillers have four tines per flange as opposed to the King Kutter and most other tillers that have six tines per flange. Less tines mean less hp required to operate, which is why LP builds them this way. I went with a five ft Land Pride and it works great. With that said I have also read where folks have used other tillers like the one you mentioned with no problems. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
Not sure what your budget is.

I purchased a gear driven Terra Force Unit from Everything Attachments, I have the 62" wide model and run it on an L3200. They sell a 48" wide unit, here is the info.

https://www.everythingattachments.com/48-inch-Gear-Drive-Rotary-Tiller-p/eta-ero48.htm

I really like the quality of this brand and after several years use, I have had no issues. I also like the fact that they include delivery and get things out real quick.

Good luck in your research and purchase.

bgiff

Jun 5, 2017
San Andreas, CA
I bought the 48” County Line (Tractor Supply Brand) tiller for my bx23s and it works well but its really not ideal at least for my tractor due to its design, the pto shaft must be cut very short, and you cant raise it all the way without the front pto ujoint rubbing on that plate for the 3 point hitch assembly. Its also so heavy that if you take theFEL off you must have several hundred pounds of ballast unless you like doing wheelies. The BX has no problem picking it up though (its almost 600 lbs.). Also tills well.
I found out too late that countyline does not recomend this tiller for the bx, they have a another one that has thinner metal and possibly a lighter duty drive train (chain driven?) i really think i need the gear drive veraion with clutch given the amount of rocks im dealing with on virgin land.