Tiller for BX1870

gregger

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Saint John, NB Canada
You sure can. I have a BX25 (23hp)and run a 52" DelMarino tiller, which is very heavy, and I can run it second pass down past it's tine centers, chewing along slowly, or 4 to 6 inches deep a little faster. I realize the BX1870 is a little less hp, but a 48" tiller should be a perfect mate for it. If you don't have a front loader, you probably will want to mount front weights to keep your front wheels on the ground.

-Greg

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Eric with a 48 incher your going to be right on the outside edge of what your little beast can handle. Will it work, yep it will,, Just go slow until you get down deep take an inch or 2 off at a time run all over then drop it some more, over and over, till you get all the way down.
Hard pan will bounce you and the tractor all over the place till you get it chewed up. so slow and easy. Low range 4wd and I say 4wd because in come cases once you get her sumped in, it will want to PUSH the tractor. Now once your all dug up them you can sump that bad girl in and do your thing, but to start slow and easy

ZoomZoom71

Oct 25, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
In Florida's sandy soil, I won't be hitting very much hard stuff. That's assuming, of course, that sandy soil is easier to till. I know that 40" tillers are an option, too, but I've been doing too much reading on these to want to avoid having to make a pass to cover the tire marks. But, as much as I enjoy riding, I guess that's not a bad thing. LoL

And, yes, I do have a FEL. Running turf tires, too, so I wonder if I'd need to buy a set of R4's. What's that gonna run? About $500 for a premounted set?