Threads in valve body

JeffL

Equipment
B7200E, B4200DT
Jan 8, 2016
North Central Ar.
Helping a friend plumb up a lift and have no idea what the fittings required for the valve body. Tractor is a B5200 with the selectable valve in the block. Removed plug is straight threads with an o-ring measuring 0.626" over the threads and 19 threads inch. BSPP???

JeffL

Equipment
B7200E, B4200DT
Jan 8, 2016
North Central Ar.
OK, after a trip to a Parker warehouse, Central BBQ for a plate of ribs and pitcher of a good IPA, we were able to determine the threads are a 3/8" BSPP. Also, Parker has a good selection of fittings.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Jeff
I do not know your skill level with hydraulics so I offer the following.

Working on hydraulics is not a lets try it and see what happens scenario as in a faction of a second a pump is dead headed and destroyed, a valve body cracked beyond repair.

Read and research first.

Dave

JeffL

Equipment
B7200E, B4200DT
Jan 8, 2016
North Central Ar.
Dave, sorry I gave you the impression we dug around in the back of an warehouse until we found something that worked. The plug we removed from the valve body was out of spec for BSPP according to the references I had. We sought help. The warehouse/store is Parker Hannifin in Memphis TN which contains parts and experts in hydraulics. They determined we did in fact have a BSPP valve body and plugs.
I am comfortable working with hydraulics especially the simple systems on these old B tractors.
Although, I am more proficient in beer and BBQ!
Jeff

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Dave, sorry I gave you the impression we dug around in the back of an warehouse until we found something that worked. The plug we removed from the valve body was out of spec for BSPP according to the references I had. We sought help. The warehouse/store is Parker Hannifin in Memphis TN which contains parts and experts in hydraulics. They determined we did in fact have a BSPP valve body and plugs.
I am comfortable working with hydraulics especially the simple systems on these old B tractors.
Although, I am more proficient in beer and BBQ!
Jeff
Jeff
I accept you have the skills to do this project.

What is often seen on this forum when owners are making connections in the tractor's hydraulic system through a hydraulic block is that the instructions found in manuals mislead what port on the block is for which purpose. The need for a power beyond circuit on the new valve to feed back into the block, the need for the new valve to have a pressure relief valve to avoid dead heading the pump.

The IN and Out ports on the hydraulic block are confusing to some.

Owners treat the Tank port on the new valve as the feed back into the block and thus subject the valve body to far greater pressures that its typically rated 500 psi.

Usually on the older B's the top of the existing hydraulic block has to be replaced with an optional one often referred to as a Power Beyond block. These optional parts are no longer available.

Dave