Third function valve l3830

LCWELL

Equipment
L3830
Apr 6, 2013
LAURENS, SC
Hello all,

New to OTT forum here and thought I'd start right off with a question. I promise to try to contribute a little to the OTT forum comunity (entertainment, if not knowledge, at least) and not to just get an answer to my ? and never be heard from again.

I want to intall a 3rd function valve on my LA723 loader for a grapple. The plan is to install a 4way, 3 position, open center valve with no power beyond port (Prince 6X844) in line with the power beyond circuit-PB line from joystick to 3rd valve inlet, 3rd valve outlet to PB port on hydraulic block.

If I've guessed correctly, the only downside to using an open center valve w/o a power boyond port is that I won't be able to lift the 3PH while using the 3rd valve to work the grapple simultainiously.

Does the L3830 have a pressure relief valve upstream of the loader valve?

I just wanted to make sure that I don't tear something up.

I've searched OTT for a while but haven't found a setup exactly like this used.

Thanks, LCWELL

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
May I ask why do you want this vs an electric diverter that will have the control button on the loader joystick? Most valves are rated at below 1000psi on the outlet side. You may end up with a problem. :confused:

LCWELL

Equipment
L3830
Apr 6, 2013
LAURENS, SC
May I ask why do you want this vs an electric diverter that will have the control button on the loader joystick? Most valves are rated at below 1000psi on the outlet side. You may end up with a problem. :confused:
Prince 6X844 at Grainger MSRP $189.25-much less purchased through work. I haven’t found an electric solenoid setup for less than $700. The pressure is adjustable from 1000-3000 psi-preset at 1500.

A trip to TSC for 3 ready made hoses and a handful of fittings and we’re grappling happily along.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

http://s539.photobucket.com/user/FLINCHIST/media/MOV00749_zpsfc34d5b4.mp4.html

[/URL][/IMG]

Until the damn bucket falls off the Q/A and hydraulic oil splatters all around!

Beware the “universal” skidsteer style quick attach implement.

Note the excess slop between the latch pins and the bucket brackets.

[/URL]

[/URL][/IMG]

When the bucket gets rattled around a little the tapered latch pins get forced up enough to jump the locking slots.

Quick, cheap, temp fix and we’re back in business.

[/URL]

[/IMG]

Now, why would anybody want to remove grappling from the Olympics.

BotaDriver

Equipment
L3800dt
May 15, 2013
North GA
I am about to install a 3rd valve for my grapple bucket on the L3800 and have found the price for all the parts to be about $350. I will be using a solenoid activated by buttons on the FEL controls.