Third function on L5740 HSTC

Bdblount

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC
Sep 18, 2021
Albany
I recently purchase a Summit hydraulics universal third function valve to install on my 2010 L5750 HSTC. The Summit instructions say I need to supply the third function valve from a power beyond port on my tractor and a return has to connect back to the tank. Where is a power beyond port and tank return port that I can tie into on this tractor? Pictures would be great. I am setting up to use a loader grapple.

D.jFarm78

Equipment
L2250 FEL& L4610FEl, BH, Grapple, Mower, Gannon , blade, disc, plow, rototiller,
Mar 20, 2020
Young, Az USA
Did you get this figured out ?
On my 4610 it is the one going from the pump to the inlet on the loader valve.
I also have a Curtis cab and summit was able to get me all the different components I needed to make it work.

Bdblount

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC
Sep 18, 2021
Albany
Did you get this figured out ?
On my 4610 it is the one going from the pump to the inlet on the loader valve.
I also have a Curtis cab and summit was able to get me all the different components I needed to make it work.
I did not figure it out yet. I called my dealer, useless. Just told me they only use a Kubota third function kit. I tried reaching out to Kubota directly, no response at all. I looked at the loader valve and kind of have the flow path figured out, but there are unused ports on the loader valve that are plugged. I think one or more of them is a power beyond supply and a return to tank. One port on the bottom of the loader valve has a “T” on it. I wondered if that went back to the tank. I’d like to find a drawing with the ports on the loader valve labeled. I think I could “tee” in, but I’m reluctant to do it that way. I had called Summit about it initially and they didn’t seem that helpful about it. They recommended the universal kit I purchased and some custom hoses I would have to figure out later. The directions, of course, are very generic. I’m considering returning the kit and biting the bullet on the Kubota kit. It’s 3x more expensive.

st8yd

Equipment
2003 L3130 HST, LA513, Pats easy hitch
Dec 11, 2017
central FL
Look up a manual for your loader it should show which port is the power beyond and tank ports.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I did not figure it out yet. I called my dealer, useless. Just told me they only use a Kubota third function kit. I tried reaching out to Kubota directly, no response at all. I looked at the loader valve and kind of have the flow path figured out, but there are unused ports on the loader valve that are plugged. I think one or more of them is a power beyond supply and a return to tank. One port on the bottom of the loader valve has a “T” on it. I wondered if that went back to the tank. I’d like to find a drawing with the ports on the loader valve labeled. I think I could “tee” in, but I’m reluctant to do it that way. I had called Summit about it initially and they didn’t seem that helpful about it. They recommended the universal kit I purchased and some custom hoses I would have to figure out later. The directions, of course, are very generic. I’m considering returning the kit and biting the bullet on the Kubota kit. It’s 3x more expensive.
Its a simple hookup and you cannot use tees.

The loader valve has 3 ports and hoses connecting it to the tractor.

A) One is pressure in from the pump on the tractor - usually labeled P.
B) The T port is the low pressure return to tank.
C) The remaining port is power beyond which is high pressire back to tractor. Disconnect that hose from the tractor and connect it to IN on the Summit valve. Now connect a new hose from OUT on the Summit valve to the port you just disconnected on the tractor.

Arrg!!! Here is the parts diagram for the Kubota kit. The Grand L40 tractor has hard lines for the loader valve hookup so its way more complicated than it might be. Their 3rd function valve also uses a sub-plate with relief valve assembly for the power beyond loop.

Attachments

Last edited: