Third Function at 3 pt. hitch for tree puller

ALinCarolina

Equipment
B3200
Aug 12, 2013
Weddington, NC
I have a couple projects in mind for my B3200 before spring arrives. I am going to try and fabricate a tree puller similar to this one that Ken Wetzel made on this video:
http://www.agriculture.com/videos/v/74602037/tractor-mounted-tree-puller.htm

Wish I was closer to him, seems like my kind of guy.
I also plan to get a grapple and install a third function for it on the front.
I'll have a lot of question as I go through this construction but for now I need to know what I need for the third function hydraulic for the rear. I'll ask for help later about picking out a cylinder.
I need to be able to use the 3 pt. lift same time that I use the hydraulic cylinder to close and hold the jaws. Does anybody make a kit for this? I assume it would be the same kit for a hydraulic top link. If no kit, then what parts do I need to order? My pump is 25 L/min I believe.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes there is a couple of stock optional kits to add rear remotes, they are not cheap most run $500+ to add them.
For little use consider running lines from a rear cylinder to a set of quick disconnect that will be run by the loader control valve.

And same goes for the Third function on the FEL for a grapple.

You can go through a local dealer to get the valves and parts or as most of us do, order the parts and install it ourselves, I use Coleman for almost all of my parts needs.;)
http://www.colemanequip.com/Kubota_Parts.asp

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
For little use consider running lines from a rear cylinder to a set of quick disconnect that will be run by the loader control valve....
Do you (would you) leave your loader mounted to do occasional jobs using the loader hydraulics on a rear-mounted implement? I haven't examined removing my loader, but from what I've seen, it's not trivial. (No paved spot, no level pad, etc., and no framework into which to park it.)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Do you (would you) leave your loader mounted to do occasional jobs using the loader hydraulics on a rear-mounted implement? I haven't examined removing my loader, but from what I've seen, it's not trivial. (No paved spot, no level pad, etc., and no framework into which to park it.)
If you use the loader lift you need to block the rams from continuing to try and force fluid out the lines, even with a good set of couplers it can be difficult to hook them back up, so bad choice there.;)
But you can use the dump lines as they will have almost no fluid force on the couplers.

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
If you use the loader lift you need to block the rams from continuing to try and force fluid out the lines, even with a good set of couplers it can be difficult to hook them back up, so bad choice there.;)
But you can use the dump lines as they will have almost no fluid force on the couplers.
Thanks, that's clear and your explanation helps reduce the intimidation factor a bit.

ALinCarolina

Equipment
B3200
Aug 12, 2013
Weddington, NC
Using the front loader lines might make sense to start with to at least make sure my contraption works before buying a valve. What if I just used the lines to the tilt function of the loader? I assume I would still be able to raise or lower the boom arms. Plus, moving the loader stick sideways would be moving the jaws of the implement in the same directions and be more intuitive I think. Am I correct?