Thinking about an upgrade

Mitymelvin``

Equipment
2021 Kubota B2601HST-1 LA435 Quick-Tach Loader
Apr 3, 2021
Lenoir, NC
Hey everyone, I am the proud owner of a mid 1980’s B7200HST. I have made the mistake of stopping by the Kubota lot today and found a 2019 B2601HSD. The price on the B2601 isn’t great but it’s about average for everything I have seen. My question is, how much would my B7200 be worth? It has a Bush Hog QT1835 loader on it as well. I have no idea how to determine the value. Anyone got a suggestion?

Attachments

Mitymelvin``

Equipment
2021 Kubota B2601HST-1 LA435 Quick-Tach Loader
Apr 3, 2021
Lenoir, NC
I would guess $6000-$8000 on the retail market in decent shape. Why do you feel the need to replace the old one?
There really isnt anything wrong with my B7200 except it doesnt have power steering. Otherwise it does everything I need.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
I had a small Ford tractor with a loader that did not have power steering. It was hell on earth. I sold it after a short period. That was my first tractor purchase 10 years ago. You will love the B2601. I bought mine earlier this year. A really fabulous machine. I feel you will be pleased with your decision. For what the used ones are selling for I opted for new with the long term 0% financing. The financing and the warranty made purchasing new an easy decision. Good luck and Happy Hollidays.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Sometimes 2 is better than 1…another point Of view would be why you wouldn’t need two tractors? once you sell it, it will be hard to ever replace it at whatever your sale price will be. If you really plan to sell it ask a dealer, their number will be low, maybe check out an online trader and that should give you a range…if you just want to sell it quick. If you can find a dealer that has something similar for sale see what their price is…they know what they can sell for it patient.

Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
It's worth more the longer you are willing to hang onto it and have thick skin to ignore lowball offers from tire kickers and time wasters.

BTW your machine looks pretty good for its age. By the looks of things you take care of your equipment and store it indoors. Paint and fenders look good in the photos. You should be able to get a premium on condition.

Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Sometimes 2 is better than 1…another point Of view would be why you wouldn’t need two tractors? once you sell it, it will be hard to ever replace it at whatever your sale price will be. If you really plan to sell it ask a dealer, their number will be low, maybe check out an online trader and that should give you a range…if you just want to sell it quick. If you can find a dealer that has something similar for sale see what their price is…they know what they can sell for it patient.
I'm in the keep the your tractor and add a new one camp.

I guess I would be in the camp to ask the dealer what the trade in value would be, and then to just keep it when I realized it was worth that much to me. Nothing beats having a tractor with an implement already attached ready to go.

I knew a guy I used to work with that felt it was advantageous to have one tractor for each implement. Not new ones of course, but function old ones and it worked for him. AND made sense to me too!

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I'm in the keep the your tractor and add a new one camp.

I guess I would be in the camp to ask the dealer what the trade in value would be, and then to just keep it when I realized it was worth that much to me. Nothing beats having a tractor with an implement already attached ready to go.

I knew a guy I used to work with that felt it was advantageous to have one tractor for each implement. Not new ones of course, but function old ones and it worked for him. AND made sense to me too!
I have more than one tractor,..... and I like it that way!
My BH is detachable, but never does come off my TLB!

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Your B7200 looks like it's in good condition if it is you should be able to get a good price for it.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
Nothing wrong with upgrading. My tractor fits my use and size just right. I have no plans to sell or trade. But new trucks I like to waste my money on a new F150 every couple yrs.