Equipment
Kubota L2350, B26 TLB, Covington Plant., Landpride Tiller, Hustler Flip-up
Dec 12, 2020
Flint, Texas
Do you have any ballast in the rear tires????....every little bit helps

'The More I See of Some People The Better I like My Dog'

79 powerking

Equipment
1970 economy 1614 1979 powerking 1614 at least they're orange.
Feb 4, 2021
Lemont Furnace Pa
Do you have any ballast in the rear tires????....every little bit helps

'The More I See of Some People The Better I like My Dog'
The dealer says he has a set of wheel weights that go on the inside. Im going to look at those. I wasn't planning to load the tires.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
The dealer says he has a set of wheel weights that go on the inside. Im going to look at those. I wasn't planning to load the tires.
Before you make the decision about whether to add wheel weights or not you may want to read several of the posts about using them on the smaller tractors. Most people opt to fill the tires with windshield washer fluid or beet juice. I use windshield washer fluid in mine. The wheel weights for these smaller tractors only weigh about 40 pounds each side and don't really add any realistically usable ballast for hauling with the FEL. You can actually get better stability and even a little more ballast using WWF or beat juice.

One more consideration about wheel weights is that they may not be usable if you add spacers later. Since many people add spacers for stability yoju may check out the threads on those too.

You have time to make those decisions later, after you have used your tractor for awhile. You do not have to make those decisions right away. You may also want to read threads by people that have a similar size tractor as the one you are getting. I think all of the BX18xx series are very similar in size to yours. There are many similarities between the other BX series tractors too so don't ignore posts from those owners either.

Reactions: 1 user

79 powerking

Equipment
Feb 4, 2021
Lemont Furnace Pa
Signed the paperwork online tonight. I guess I will pick it up Saturday if my work schedule allows.

Reactions: 1 user

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Signed the paperwork online tonight. I guess I will pick it up Saturday if my work schedule allows.
Please be sure to post your experiences with delivery. When the tractor is delivered, make sure to check all of the fluids, including the front axle fluid. The salesman is at your beck and call until the moment you leave the lot with it. He should show you how to operate it and even let you try it out on the lot before you leave with it. Be sure to ask the salesman to go over the maintenance schedule with you and have him show you how to check the fluids. This will serve as a verification that PDI has been done. Also, ask the salesman to go over the PDI checklist items with you. Do all this before you leave the lot with it. Others may chime in with more suggestions.

Good luck with your new machine.

79 powerking

Equipment
Feb 4, 2021
Lemont Furnace Pa
Picking up my bx1880 on Saturday morning. I'll try to remember to get a pic of it on the trailer and post it in that thread!

79 powerking

Equipment
Feb 4, 2021
Lemont Furnace Pa
congrats :)

The pallet forks is that the PFL1242 set ? , if so whats your guess on weight ?

I'm really thinking of a set :)
I got the landpride 1200lb capacity ssqa forks. You can look them up on the landpride website if you need an exact weight. The forks are a little skinnier than standard forklift forks. I imagine thats for weight savings.

79 powerking

Equipment
Feb 4, 2021
Lemont Furnace Pa
I got the landpride 1200lb capacity ssqa forks. You can look them up on the landpride website if you need an exact weight. The forks are a little skinnier than standard forklift forks. I imagine thats for weight savings.
Uou got me curious about the weight of my forks i looked them up. The spec sheet says 220lb.