The Binford 6000 snowblower

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
After not getting enough snow to bother with all Winter, we've gotten about 8 inches spread out over 3 days.

With rain predicted later in the week and an oil delivery scheduled for today, I fired up the Cabota and blew out the drive, a path to the oil tank for the shop, and a path for the fuel tank for the tractor (a 275 gallon heating oil tank with a hand pump). As I was making one last pass before going up to clean out in front of the garage, the blower broke the master link for the auger drive chain and I was out of business with no spare on hand.

Third Party Image

The PHPaul-bilt Binford 6000 has set in the shed for at least two years, maybe as many as 4. I keep the battery out of the lawn tractor on trickle in the basement all Winter. Popped that in the blower and it cranked right up. Amazing what a little Stabil and a fresh battery will do for ya. That's a 13 HP E-start Predator mounted on a 28" Craftsman blower. Got it free after the 8HP Tecumseh Snow King tossed a rod. It's a beast!

Reactions: 1 user

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Those “Chonda” engines are good value for the money. It‘s well-known that the Chinese have always had a talent for copying anything…including Honda engines.

I had a Honda engine with a destroyed carburetor (step-son left ethanol-gas in it for a year)…and the genuine Honda carb was ridiculously-priced and would have to be ordered. I found a “chonda” copy-cat carb for $18 and free shipping. Bolted it on.…no adjustments made…. Pulled the rope twice and it fired right up.

1677685546512.gif