L3130 TG1860
Oct 28, 2013
Whitehouse, TX
I NEED SOME IDEAS ON HOW TO TROUBLESHOOT , THE PTO CLUTCH & POWER STEERING
BOTH HAVE FAILED
UNIT HAS 1000+ HOURS
MOTOR & TRANS ARE FINE
FUSES (that I've found) are good)
The one relay I've found is good, but I'm not sure what it's relaying power to, since it comes on with the key.

bhardy23

Equipment
TG1860 kIOTI LK2554
Jun 27, 2013
Henderson, La USA
I NEED SOME IDEAS ON HOW TO TROUBLESHOOT , THE PTO CLUTCH & POWER STEERING
BOTH HAVE FAILED
UNIT HAS 1000+ HOURS
MOTOR & TRANS ARE FINE
FUSES (that I've found) are good)
The one relay I've found is good, but I'm not sure what it's relaying power to, since it comes on with the key.
Ihad a similar problem When mine was acting up the battery hold down rod or connector had rusted through and was touching the + side battery post. You may also want to make sure you are getting 12 volt to the relays, starter etc. a bad battery will do strange things to the electrical parts on these mowers.

okellyh

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3130 TG1860
Oct 28, 2013
Whitehouse, TX
Hey Thanks for the ideas on this.
The battery seems pretty strong 12.2V and the alternator is putting out 14.3V.
I'm keeping the battery on a tender, especially now while I'm trying to fix these problems.
I really haven't been able to get 12V to the PTO clutch source pigtail.
When putting 12V directly to the clutch with a small gauge power source, I can hear the clutch make a little noise, but not fully engage.
I'm wondering if there are if the EPS and the PTO share any common wiring since they are both not getting 12v.
I'm trying to find a wiring layout for the TG1860 without having to buy the $80 workshop manual.
I'm think there may be another fuse somewhere , besides the 3 in front of the dash , and the one big one down by the starter.

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
Run a test lead directly from the battery and see if it engages.

Take clutch apart and clean. Adjust if possible, air gap should be tested and adjusted.

Check your safety switches........they likely trigger the relay.

Bad bearings can cause failure.

Clutches do fail. 1000 hours is a reasonable lifespan.

Last edited: