Texas Bragg trailers

kcs

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Jan 9, 2021
Virginia
I’m looking at a Texas Bragg trailer to haul my B2650. Can anyone tell me if those trailers are any good. I can’t seem to find anything reviews on them. Thanks in advance

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
which model trailer ? any links to it ? pictures ??

A B2650 weighs maybe a ton ( 2,000 #) ?

so any tandem axle 'car hauler' is overkill for the basic tractor. it could be carried by a single 3500# axle trailer( brakes would be nice though..)

now IF you have loader, ballast and implements that'll change what IS required.

I take 'reviews' like a grain of sand. great ones can be self posted by dealers, bad ones by guys who didn't get a deal or bought the WRONG trailer for their needs.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Many folks are fooled by “bent” axles. Most trailer axles are manufactured with a “bend” in them to align the wheels against loads when the trailer is used. This is apparent if you go someplace that sells individual axles you can inspect “on the shelf”. (Tractor Supply usually has trailer axles for sale. Most have an obvious “bend” in them at the middle.)

Reviews should be read with a jaundiced eye. The ones most believable are the ones which provide details beyond the simple comments. (And the ones which give lavish praise as if they are sales-promotions should be completely disregarded.)

Last edited:

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Many folks are fooled by “bent” axles. Most trailer axles are manufactured with a “bend” in them to align the wheels against loads when the trailer is used. This is apparent if you go someplace that sells individual axles you can inspect “on the shelf”. (Tractor Supply usually has trailer axles for sale. Most have an obvious “bend” in them at the middle.)

Reviews should be read with a jaundiced eye. The ones most believable are the ones which provide details beyond the simple comments. (And the ones which give lavish praise as if they are sales-promotions should be completely disregarded.)
The "bend" in bent axles is commonly referred to a "camber".

Reactions: 1 user

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I’m looking at a Texas Bragg trailer to haul my B2650. Can anyone tell me if those trailers are any good. I can’t seem to find anything reviews on them. Thanks in advance
It might help if you can define ‘good’ or set some criteria for your expectations. There is a huge range in trailer construction and price inside a particular weight rating (of which there is no standard that I’ve ever seen…so generally I think buyer beware…normally the list weight rating is based on the axles…that leaves a lot of things grey whe. It comes to construction / materials). My point here is best to take a look (literally crawl under and look for yourself at the i beams and c chanel ) at the construction and welds of a few different trailers inside a given weight rating / length and you will start to notice some differences. (Weight of the trailer itself can be an indicator, but that alone won’t tell you the quality of the construction, including the welds). Depending on if you plan to use in winter and how the roads are treated (salt brine etc) the paint/coating might be a factor. If you plan to use very much or pull very far don’t discount the tires…decent trailer tires are not cheap…a lot of trailer sellers offer no choice on the tires…that is a tell in my opinion (normally it means cheap).

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
Adding to the conversation… complaints about the pine board beds of the trailers suffering “rot”…is ignorant of the plain fact that the complainant probably stored it outdoors in the weather. Anyone who thinks you can store untreated lumber …or unprotected equipment….outdoors and it not suffer deterioration is unrealistic. Utility Trailers are a highly-competitive industry and if you desire well-constructed, durable equipment for real work and difficult storage…. you can’t shop price alone.

Pete Louk

Equipment
BX 2380
Jan 19, 2023
Ohio
I have owned one for 4 years. It’s a 12 foot long “wide” model with a single 3500lb axle. It has been a very solid trailer that I have not been easy on. It’s taken everything I have thrown at it and is still in really good shape. I do store it in my pole barn when not in use.

It did sit outside for about 7 months covered with a tarp. It has not rusted. I treated the boards with water seal and they still look pretty new.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
I replaced the boards with 8” steel, primed, C-purlins.

Reactions: 1 users

kcs

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Jan 9, 2021
Virginia
Ok
Thanks to everyone for their response. I just use the trailer occasionally to take my tractor somewhere Don’t tow it far maybe 50-60 miles from my house. As for the tires the ones that are on it are radial tires. All LED lightning. It has a single metal ramp on the back. I’ll be hauling a B2650 with a FEL and backhoe occasional. I’ll also be take a bush hog and tiller not at the same time

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I was going to say that there are a lot of trailer manufacturers with good or at least decent reputations so I would tend to go with one of the major ones rather than some off-brand type, but it sounds like you already bought it maybe?

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Diamond C, Load Trail, Aluma, Legend all make great trailers at varying price points. When I was shopping for dump/tilt deck trailers, Texas Bragg seemed lackluster and not on par but to each their own I guess.

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
Adding to the conversation… complaints about the pine board beds of the trailers suffering “rot”…i

If your trailer has pine boards, you have a pile of garbage. Period. Same for fir or any other softwood. Any decent trailer can sit outside for many years without rot because it's made of something like white oak that can handle the weather.

Further, finding an unpainted frame under the rotted boards should tell you it's a garbage trailer.

DVR

Premium Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5400, L3560LE, L3301. KX033-4
May 8, 2020
Columbia, SC
Haven't seen many, if any, of that brand in my neck of the woods. Seems to be regional.
I have 3 down2earth trailers mfg in Ga. I'm in SC.
They have been great trailers. Just bought one of them 2 weeks ago.
I use a semi transparent stain on my wood decks. Semi transparent has some pigment. In essence sunscreen for the wood. Also looks unique and that offers some benefit too.

For a cheaper and time tested wood preserver- mix diesel and used motor oil 1:1.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
For a cheaper and time tested wood preserver- mix diesel and used motor oil 1:1.
I've never tried this but I heard that recommendation the other day on a YouTube channel I watch. He also uses a diesel/oil mix on his equipment to reduce corrosion.

kcs

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Jan 9, 2021
Virginia
I was going to say that there are a lot of trailer manufacturers with good or at least decent reputations so I would tend to go with one of the major ones rather than some off-brand type, but it sounds like you already bought it maybe?
Nope haven’t gotten anything yet. Still looking. Hope to sell the one I have before I buy a new one

Countrylife

Equipment
L235, RTV 900
May 12, 2022
East Texas
I have a 7k utility trailer with dual 3.5k axles and pressure treated 2x8 pine boards for a deck. It is almost 30 years old. It has sat outside in the weather it's entire life, mostly in a field or a yard. Sitting out in the field is hard on it from the moisture coming up from the ground and rusting the underside. In the almost 30 years I've: taken the deck off & wire brushed the underside and repainted it. Replaced the spring hangers due to rust. Turned the deck boards over and reinstalled them. Then last year, I replaced the deck boards. That's about it, and it is a trailer made by Anderson (that's what the dealer had and I've never heard of them then and still haven't heard anything about them). The design of the utility trailers seem to be pretty standardized so even a no-name trailer can be a good deal. Just like was mentioned before, check the size of the frame members and the welds. Mostly, keep it protected if you can. On a concrete pad if possible and better is inside cover.