testing rad pressure

OlFerguson

Equipment
4440, 1120D
Jun 1, 2017
Canada
Hello,

my m100 has some crusty white stuff around mostly the top coolant hose, It's been slowly leaking coolant from somewhere and I havent had time to look further into it. The engine oil looks perfect. When its running you can smell that sweet smell. I'd like to test it and maybe change the hoses. Hoping I dont have to dig any further this time of year. Tractor is 8 years old, ive changed fluids on the specified interval times but never changed the hoses ever. Anyone else have this issue in the past? Help. thanks.

Techs, is there a special instrument to check rad/coolant pressures. Thanks

Rcflyer330

Equipment
Kubota B2650 Cab, B2779 Broom, B2782B Snowblower, RB1672 rear blade
Oct 14, 2019
Traverse City, Michigan
Hm. Are they specific to Kubota at harbor freight
Its a radiator pressure test kit they are universal for automotive, agriculture, industrial. Or basicly anything that uses a pressurized radiator. I see your location is Canada and not the USA so Princess Auto is the Canadian equilivant to Harbor Freight here in the states. You may also be able to rent a pressure tester from your local auto parts store.

Reactions: 1 users

BruceP

Equipment
G5200H
Aug 7, 2016
Richmond, Vermont, USA
Are they specific to Kubota at harbor freight
The only component which needs to be "specific" is the part which replaces the radiator-cap with pressure-nipple. In the case of Kubota, I would expect it to be metric just like any Asian vehicle.

You may also be able to rent a pressure tester from your local auto parts store.
Many auto parts stores will LOAN OUT such tools FREE OF CHARGE.

In any case, there should be no need to spend money to purchase a specialty-tool you may only use one time.

Reactions: 1 user