test

Dieselbob

Equipment
BX 2230, LA211 loader, 60â€￾ MMM, 2â€￾ wheel spacers, grille guard, gauges, bucket e
Nov 17, 2014
Fort Wayne IN
Auxilliary power outlets.

I needed some power outlets on my BX, so I used this part here courtesy of Mack Trucks and installed one in the side of the instrument panel to plug in my phone or MP3 player, and another on the rear of the tractor. This one can power my lawn sprayer as well as my magnetic strobe light or hand held spot light. The rear outlet is powered by a lighted rocker switch on the instrument panel, the side outlet is hot all the time. I have installed an auxillary fuse block in the battery compartment for this and the other light projects I will document later.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dieselbob

Equipment
BX 2230, LA211 loader, 60â€￾ MMM, 2â€￾ wheel spacers, grille guard, gauges, bucket e
Nov 17, 2014
Fort Wayne IN
I'm the parts manager for a fleet that has a couple hundred Macks. I find that truck parts make very good tractor parts. It also helps when you can make a phone call and they show up at your office. Saves a LOT of driving around town trying to find stuff.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
That my friend, is a good way of looking at it :D Its funny how many things will swap out from one thing to another and look like it belongs there..lol

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
. . . I find that truck parts make very good tractor parts. . . .
My dad used to call that "a junk yard mechanic" because you used whatever you could find to make something work.:cool: (usually from a salvage yard)

Dieselbob

Equipment
Nov 17, 2014
Fort Wayne IN
Yeah, but when I do it, I am usually replacing marginal or non-existent OEM parts for heavy duty parts, and usually for less cost too! :)