Temporary power steering loss on nearly new L4060

GBJeffOH

Equipment
L4060, EA Grapple, 6' LP Brush Hog, 8' snow plow, 6' LP tiller, EA Forks, Spraye
Nov 17, 2014
Jefferson, Ohio
I now have about 200 hours on my L4060 HSTC which I bought a year ago. Ever since new, I notice at times when rapidly steering (say trying to turn around in a tight spot...turn hard one direction and pull forward, then rapidly turn hard the other way and back up)...it suddenly feels like you lose power steering for a moment, like it can't keep up. It's much more prevalent with the loader on then off. It basically feels like there isn't enough power steering hydraulic flow. Do these "luxury" tractors have weak power steering? Anyone else experience this? (Keep in mind this occurs while I am mowing at full throttle)
My L4060HSTC does it.

Reactions: 1 user

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
This is the other thread on this same topic that dgtvrpepair referred to when he suggested the google search:

My symptoms are very similar and particularly effected by heat. I back the tractor and flail mower up steep grass covered dams and mow down them. Backing all that weight up the hill, repeatedly, during the summer puts a lot of stress on the internals and oil. There is very little help with the steering after a few passes.