Talk about BS

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
We have a 2 yard dumpster that, more often than not, goes out absolutely full. It's just about 1 foot wider than my bucket and my 4-wheeled drive orange compactor does a great job of smashing bushes or other plant material down.

Our old local company sold out to a bigger company. Our monthly $109 dropped to $89. Not sure why. Even at the higher rate, we paid for the dumpster by putting tree prunings and plant material in there that we would otherwise have to have a commercial landscaper remove.

One of my neighbors had a three trees trimmed and the cuttings hauled away for $550. I probably have 50 trees on my property that I will eventually get trimmed. I call it "the gym membership that gets stuff done and pays me back." :)

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
We have a 2 yard dumpster that, more often than not, goes out absolutely full. It's just about 1 foot wider than my bucket and my 4-wheeled drive orange compactor does a great job of smashing bushes or other plant material down.

Our old local company sold out to a bigger company. Our monthly $109 dropped to $89. Not sure why. Even at the higher rate, we paid for the dumpster by putting tree prunings and plant material in there that we would otherwise have to have a commercial landscaper remove.

One of my neighbors had a three trees trimmed and the cuttings hauled away for $550. I probably have 50 trees on my property that I will eventually get trimmed. I call it "the gym membership that gets stuff done and pays me back." :)
Our local dump collects yard waste and turns it into compost which it resells to the public.

But here's a picture of the most popular way to deal with tree trimmings in our area :D:D

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Daren, I wish I could burn here.

In the summer the fire threat is so high I'd likely get arrested. In the winter, the EPA would have me arrested as nearly every winter day in my county is a no-burn day.

(sigh)

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Daren, I wish I could burn here.

In the summer the fire threat is so high I'd likely get arrested. In the winter, the EPA would have me arrested as nearly every winter day in my county is a no-burn day.

(sigh)
I figured as much about the area you were in. You should have seen it in my area after each of the tornados went through. EPA was going around and inspecting the area. EPA said things sure got cleaned up fast when you got red necks and matches [emoji14] :cool: They weren't happy about the air quality though.

They actually made the folks put them out and stop all clean up when Obama came for a visit. Pretty much shutting the town down for a day. He didn't stay long and managed to tick everybody off. Being forced to stop clean up for a dog and pony shoe really struck a nerve with the locals.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk