Take a guess what the problem was

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
They are found in the Lansing area, not too far away.
Hmm. We don't really have them up here (I suppose it would be considered North-West MI) either. Plenty of paper wasps, but no problem with mud daubers, luckily. Stink bugs, on the other hand 🤬

BruceP

Equipment
G5200H
Aug 7, 2016
Richmond, Vermont, USA
Pretty sure i read somewhere that mud daubers plugged up a pitot tube on a commercial airplane a long time ago and it crashed. So im all for banning mud daubers now.
True story.... Even a partially blocked pitot tube can result in overrunning runway during landing. After much investigation, it was discovered that the daubers could move in within 15 minutes of a plane landing.

HENCE: They instituted special procedures which included inspection and covering the pitot tube EVERY time a plane lands.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Bingo

The spark screen was clean but the pipe which is about an inch long was completely plugged. The mud was far enough back from the exhast opening that it was hidden.
I almost threw this thing away to get it off my bench.
Did it not sound funny? I guess you could not start it to find out, they must have done it in 1 day so you had no comparison.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Did it not sound funny? I guess you could not start it to find out, they must have done it in 1 day so you had no comparison.
It didnt make any sound as it wouldnt fire at all. there was a 2 week period between when i used it successfully abd when it wouldnt start.

Reactions: 1 user