T1600H Transaxle issue

BlackBetty06

Equipment
T1600 HST DIESEL. 600hrs
Dec 24, 2016
Manheim, Pennsylvania
Good evening,
I havent been on the boards here in awhile but finally made it back with a problem in tow.

I was using my little diesel T1600 HST today and was cruising along and ran out of fuel stopping abruptly. I filled up and bled the air. The tractor stalled a few times. I tried running at various different throttle inputs. I finally got the engine smoothed out. I pressed the pedal to go forward and the trans makes all kinds of noise and barely moves. Forwards or backwards. I have play in the driveshaft at the input shaft on the transaxle. Oil is also now weeping out of the input shaft seal as well.

Can anybody point we in the right direction? Im thinking maybe the cover sub assembly needs replaced. Could I have screwed up the pump too or is there something in the cover sub assembly that would be letting fluid bypass resulting in the noise and lack of drive power?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

canieadams

Equipment
Kubota T1600H, MF14, Snapper 1855A, Cub Cadet 782 and Ford 8N.
Apr 24, 2021
Virginia
Hi BB06,
I feel your pain and wish I could offer assistance but I'm in a similar situation. I just purchased a T1600H from a government auction with only 295 hours. It looked rough and was listed in poor condition but I thought I could get her running without too much trouble. Well, when I got her home I found the drive shaft universal had come apart at the hydro input shaft and it broke the housing. New cover around $1400 and new hydro I think was $7K. Looks like I may have bought a very expensive piece of yard art. Not to wish you ill, but if an affordable solution pops up I hope I see it before you do! LOL. Good luck.