SxS SSQA plow attachment

91diesel

Equipment
BX23S Homemade hyd toplink and pallet forks, Agriease/Nor-Trac snowblower
Dec 31, 2021
Fairbanks, AK
I bought a SxS when I first got here to be able to plow my driveway. It didn't take long to start wrecking the frame where the winch plate bolts to. If you look at the leverage over that area.....well it's not a shock. After reading and watching a few people using truck plows, I figured I could do the same thing with my SxS plow. To tell you the truth, it's probably a better fit on the BX than a truck plow anyway.
Doing this wasn't too hard using a SSQA plate (bought off amazon) and a 120v mig welder. I had some 1/2x3" steel and took that to a machine shop and cut 4 pieces off and drill a hole in the same spot on all 4. Even after explaining to them how this was going to work and the importance of having all 4 holes be in the same spot relative to the flat 'back' of the piece ..... well they had to make another trip to the bandsaw to get it closer to the same. Used a level to park the SSQA plate level, then used the level on the push tubes to tack the blocks in place. Then removed the plow mount and pins and welded them up. Welded a 5/16" chain hook to the top of the plate to hold a chain that holds the plow 'level' ...... this is fulfilling the function of the winch on the SxS and allows the tractor to pick the plow up. The pictures should show what I'm talking about.
tractorplowsetup.jpg tractorplowweld.jpg tractorplow.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

91diesel

Equipment
Dec 31, 2021
Fairbanks, AK
It works pretty decent and the main thing is I'm not worried about breaking the frame! The tractor is pretty long like this with the snowblower on the 3ph

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
If you'll only use on the tractor, cut the plow frame ! Just long enough so plow can swivel right/left and that'll really help.

91diesel

Equipment
Dec 31, 2021
Fairbanks, AK
I like the 72" length, two passes on the driveway and it's plenty wide. Plus, the SxS is actually a little nicer/quicker to use so I'll attempt to 'once again' fix the winch mount in a way that will hold up.

Challenging conditions? Nah it was almost +30f yesterday!!

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
love it!! very similar to the set up for my 23s. i used a 60" polaris plow and mounted it to my home made ssqa bracket. It does stick out a bit far, however my intention is to eventually buy a snow pusher. Then I will sell the polaris plow with the polaris mounting bracket.