Swivel seat ideas

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
I have a L2900 with a BH 76A backhoe. The backhoe has it's own seat (fold up) and so does the tractor. I was interested in seeing if anyone has installed a single swivel seat in place on the two in my set up. Currently, I need the hop off the tractor fold that seat up...run back around to the backhoe and fold that down and climb up.

I looked around the internet to buy a swivel seat and assumed I would need to fabricate a mounting plate...

I would like some ideas if you creative types have any....thanks....

ibunker

Equipment
B3300SU w/BK76, Box blade, DR wood chipper
Dec 5, 2010
Port Orchard, WA
My B3300 has a swivel seat for a BH76. The dealer installed when I purchased tractor with backhoe mounted, may not work for your model. Worth checking out or at least getting some ideas for your own seat.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I would think with a swivel seat would make it difficult to climb threw the tractor to gain access to the backhoe. Usually on tractors with swivel seats theres a bit of extra room to make the turn and climb threw.

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
I did see the new B series has the swivel seat...and it does have the extra legroom mentioned above. I am not sure my idea will work...but I am interested in comments from those who may have tried it...or thoughts of why not to do it.