Swift Tach Loader Removal??

TomRC

Jun 16, 2020
KY
Haven't taken the swift tach loader off my B2601 since I got it last fall. Got some work to do in the woods where extra maneuverability will help and am going to take the loader off. Watched a bunch of video and taking the swift tach loader off seems "not that complicated" but saw a video where I guy took his off for the first time AFTER WATCHING A BUNCH OF VIDEOS, thought he did everything right per the manual and still managed to bend something on his first attempt.

My main question is lifting the front wheels off the ground. When you lift the front wheels off the ground are you lowering the bucket level to make contact with the ground and then curling the bucket down to lift the wheels or are you lowering the bucket level to the ground and then continuing that motion WITHOUT curling the bucket down to lift the front wheels slightly off the ground? Any other operator errors that could cause issues? I'm sure its easy just don't want to end up like this fella did on his first attempt at removing the loader. Thanks in advance!

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Tom there is a little 6x6 laminated card that should have come with the loader. I keep that in the garage as a crash course refresher, it's really helpful. Do you have that in your manual somewhere? I dont do this enough to do it from memory either

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), B2601 (Sold)
May 7, 2021
WA
Yes, lower the bucket to the ground, or close to the ground and curl the bucket. All you are doing is getting the load off the hinges so you can disconnect the levers on each side. Once the levels are unlatched, you can move the loader out of the hinges and disconnect the valve.

Mike

TomRC

Jun 16, 2020
KY
Thanks for both of your replies. Even though it's probably ok I always get nervous and think I'm about to break something when the front wheels are lifted from force from the loader which I try to avoid. And of course just trying to avoid any other idjit first attempt errors that might cause and eruption of expletives :)

I'm about 80 hours in to my B2601 and haven't had any major isssues so trying to keep the streak going! Felt bad for the fella I saw that bent something on his first attempt.

Reactions: 1 user

atitus

Equipment
BX1880+FEL,MMM,Blower
Feb 11, 2019
Worcester, MA
I have a BX. Assuming geometry is the same with the loader. I take mine on and off weekly, every time I mow. My number one suggestion is, do it on a FLAT surface, if at all possible. If not, and one side of bucket touches first, shim underneath the other side with a piece of plywood or something. This is the #1 (by far) cause of problems getting it on or off. Second, as you lower bucket, and wheels just start to leave ground, the loader mount arms should be mostly straight vertical. Keep raising until the mount arms tip back just a little tiny bit toward you. This is the sweet spot. Then raise the latches and lower it back down. Once wheels are on the ground and the weight is off you can curl the bucket to raise the arms off the mounts.

TomRC

Jun 16, 2020
KY
As a follow up, took it off yesterday no problem lets just hope putting it back on will be as easy! Probably a couple weeks before I put the loader back on. First time I mowed without the loader and it was a much more pleasant experience.

Mlarv

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 19, 2020
Crossville TN
I will add, I do mine in my garage. I put a carpet on the floor and drop it on it. I did it in the yard once and it wasn't level. Made it a pain to put back on.

So keep it as level as possible drop it curl it and disconnect it. After you do it once or twice it is really pretty easy.

anomad

Equipment
YM2310D
Jun 10, 2021
Western North Carolina
Not planning to take my whole loader off, well, ever... But this is very informative if I find myself in a situation that calls for it. Thank you.

Reactions: 1 user

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Agree with everything atitus said and those that said to be sure to have a FLAT surface.

I believe where folks start bending stuff is the loader stand arms. You know, the sort of flimsy looking ones that flip down to support the back of the boom arms when they’re off the tractor. Don’t know what else you could possibly bend unless you’re extremely creative.

They’re designed to hold the weight of the loader boom arms and nothing else. Making them really stout would unnecessarily reduce the lifting capacity of the loader so they’re only as big as they really need to be. If you put the weight of the front of the tractor on them as you’re removing or installing the loader, you’ll bend them.

Lift the front wheels by putting downforce on the bucket: 👍.

Lift the front wheels by putting downforce on the stand arms: 👎😬.

Other than that I wouldn’t worry about bending stuff.