SVL 95-2S Short block source

John Connolly

Equipment
Kubota SVL 95-2S
Jan 7, 2023
Abilene, Texas
yeesh, google wasn't much help ....
curious, why a short block..is it busted real bad ??
I had the entire engine overhauled by my Kubota dealer, and when they went to return it to me, the engine started knocking. They returned it to me in disrepair. I pulled the head off and rhe cylinders on the new block are damaged.
I started the engine and it sounds like the rods are not even connected. I am assuming there is significant damage Basically, everything else is new on the engine. It has a new crank shaft, bearings, connecting rods, cylinders, block, heads etc. Because I can’t find a machine shop or Kubota dealer to do it right, it appears a new short block (built correctly) will get me up and running the quickest.

DVR

Premium Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5400, L3560LE, L3301
May 8, 2020
Columbia, SC
Don't know if it will help but-
I've been looking online for a kubota excavator.
Every search I get several listings for engines that fit the equipment that I'm searching for. Usually on equipment trader.

John Connolly

Equipment
Kubota SVL 95-2S
Jan 7, 2023
Abilene, Texas
Don't know if it will help but-
I've been looking online for a kubota excavator.
Every search I get several listings for engines that fit the equipment that I'm searching for. Usually on equipment trader.
Thank you sir. It looks like I will be divorcing myself from Kubota after 61 years, and just liquidate my tractor, skid steer and related implements. Kubota has really gone down hill recently. Very disappointing. Probably go Mahindra or John Deere. But still need to repair the V3800 engine somehow.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I'd find out who the head 3 letter is at Kubota Japan and contact him. A one page letter explaining the details should get the result you want. I wrote Mr. Gates and in a week Microsoft helped me, so I KNOW writing letters works !

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
I had the entire engine overhauled by my Kubota dealer, and when they went to return it to me, the engine started knocking. They returned it to me in disrepair. I pulled the head off and rhe cylinders on the new block are damaged.
I started the engine and it sounds like the rods are not even connected. I am assuming there is significant damage Basically, everything else is new on the engine. It has a new crank shaft, bearings, connecting rods, cylinders, block, heads etc. Because I can’t find a machine shop or Kubota dealer to do it right, it appears a new short block (built correctly) will get me up and running the quickest.
Based on your details above it would seem that the Kubota dealer who rebuilt your engine should be warrantying their work. Why are you ripping it apart and looking for the solution?

I had a similar problem with a car engine that was just in the last months of warranty, the main dealer rebuilt the engine 3 times and went through 2 new short blocks, the car was at the dealer for 1 year, it never got fixed correctly and in the end the car company paid me the market value for the vehicle and scrapped the vehicle. It was a very frustrating time and I'm convinced that main dealers don't necessarily have the technicians with the full skills required to rebuild engines from scratch.

I'd have gone back to the dealer and reached out to Kubota with a complaint, it's amazing what a good company will do for it's loyal customers.

Good luck finding a solution, I know that frustration.