SVL 95-2S losing pressure to aux hydraulics

andyman

Equipment
M6-101, M7040, KX040-4, SVL95-2S
Feb 12, 2016
WEST PLAINS, MISSOURI
We use our SVL 95-2 to pull/clear trees with a Danuser Intimidator. It has worked well but we have developed a problem with the aux hydraulics and I could use some insights to where to start troubleshooting. The problem is once we clamp the tree the hydraulic pressure will bleed off. We can re-engage the hydraulic and it works but will not maintain pressure. We have had a fitting and/or hose broken from the aux port. We have replaced those and don’t have any leaks around it. Hydraulic oil level is good. Does anyone have any experience with this issue and can offer some guidance? Thanks in advance.

andyman

Equipment
M6-101, M7040, KX040-4, SVL95-2S
Feb 12, 2016
WEST PLAINS, MISSOURI
Bad cylinder seals? Have you done a pressure test on your CTL?
Goodness, My mind is duller than normal at this time of day. Thanks for the suggestion, the logical place to start. We will check cylinder seals when i get back to my shop and have another attachment that uses aux hydraulics to see if they bleed off. If the other attachment bleeds off, I’ll check the machine side. My mind was thinking the block the hoses hook into might have been damaged or some other sort of bypass valve. But your suggestion is the place to start. Thank you!

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Goodness, My mind is duller than normal at this time of day. Thanks for the suggestion, the logical place to start. We will check cylinder seals when i get back to my shop and have another attachment that uses aux hydraulics to see if they bleed off. If the other attachment bleeds off, I’ll check the machine side. My mind was thinking the block the hoses hook into might have been damaged or some other sort of bypass valve. But your suggestion is the place to start. Thank you!
I amnot familiar with the implement but based on an image it appears clamping is done by extension of the cylinder. If so my money is on the valve or a leak in the circuit coming to the cylinder. This article gets a bit deep in the weeds but the essential point as to the role piston seal leakage plays or more importantly does not play in cylinder drift is made in the paragraphs leading up to and including Figure 2. The follow on discussion of the role port reliefs play may be pertinent to your excavator. The use of pressure gauges for diagnosis may be helpful as well.

Dan

Last edited: